Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Official Hobby of Area51: Music, Any Music
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Official Hobby of Area51: Music, Any Music Reply with quote

We have the Metal Freaks Group which is good but sometimes I want to tell Helen or everyone in general about a CD, artist, etc and it may not be Metal. So here is where you point everyone to whatever has caught your ear lately.

Last edited by aalpha on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jarmen
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the black parade by My Chemical Romance Very Happy
BubbleCum
Forum Queen 2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmen wrote:

+1

the whole album.

and for any battle metal fans out there, 'Hero's return' by Hammerfall
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Promises by Element Eighty

Prison Song by SOAD

~ Avarice
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BubbleCum wrote:
Jarmen wrote:

+1

the whole album.

and for any battle metal fans out there, 'Hero's return' by Hammerfall

Woooo, hammerfall fan. I've been looking for one of those outside the hammerfall forum for a while. *hugs*

I havn't yet found I song of there's I didn't like, been listening to "Glory to the Brave" album alot lately, the song glory to the brave is really beautiful.
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiRitual- Pulse EP (the whole album is pure heaven, I think you can download it from www.mp3sugar.com)

I shall have to check out hammerfall- can you recommend a good album to get me started?

BubbleCum
Forum Queen 2007

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a bit of a new fan at the moment, just listening to the stuff ive been sent by friends over msn so im not the best one to recommend albums..

ooh specter do you like blind guardian?
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:
SpiRitual- Pulse EP (the whole album is pure heaven, I think you can download it from www.mp3sugar.com)

I shall have to check out hammerfall- can you recommend a good album to get me started?

Well as I said I love every song I've heard of thiers Although thats only really 3 albums. Here in Aus they are really hard to find. I've listened to One Crimson Night, Glory to the Brave and Chapter V. One crimson night is thier live album, so it has a few from most of thier albums. Glory to the brave has a couple really beautiful songs on it. Chapter V has a few really nice ones to, Thier ballards are brilliant. Gee, im not hepling at all so far am I. Spose if you've got the time to download and dont mind listening to a little sweedish in between songs, go for One crimson night, for a live album it is very good. But glory to the brave would be my second choice.

bbc: Blind guardian? must say I've neva heard it. I've only heard the three albums, I'm a fairly new fan myself. It's my birthday in a month and a day so I'm hoping to get a few more CD's, if not then the money to get them myself.
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a few new CD's. Hammerfall's new single: Natural high. And it brilliant, I cant wait to get my hands on threshold. Incredible song, so get out and buy it!.

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time I'm in Mother Russia (moments from now Razz ) I'll give'em a listen. I heard someone else say Threshold was awesome. ****mutters to himself " 'bout time somebody posted in this thread again."***

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, last time I saw "threshold" in stores I didn't have any money, and this time when I had money, all they had was natural high. Ah well.

Anyone else here into disturbed or slipknot. Cus I also bought "the sickness" and "IOWA"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen, the name of the group(?) I mentioned is Gregorian. They take music from others like Lennon's "Imagine" and style it like a Gregorian chant like sound. They have some stuff that I'm sure is all theirs too. As always one CD stinks another is worth downloading. Can't say much more now. Details later.

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:
Helen, the name of the group(?) I mentioned is Gregorian.

Never heard of the but they sound interesting... keep me posted.

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some awesome new CD's for christmas, and bought another one today. I am just a couple CD's away from owning all the Hammerfall albums, and I tell you what, they just do not make a bad album. Every single song I've heard I have loved. HAMMERFALL ROCK! I just got my hands on Threshold (thier latest album) and renegade. both brilliant albums with pounding high paced power metal, and truely moving, pashionate ballads. If you havn't heard this band yet. DO IT! DO IT NOW!

I also picked up a new slipknot album, 9.0 live, very nice live album, I love how they started thier live concert (if you've ever heard it you'll know what I mean).

And finally, I've got my first real listen of dragon force (I'm still not sure if there is a space in that or not.) They are a fast paced power metal band with a similar style to hammerfall, just a bit faster. Another excellent band. I advise you all to go out, and buy these CD's, because they are great!

As I said I have just two albums of hammerfall left to buy, I'm sure thier both awesome, but When I get them I will keep you posted. They are "Legacy of Kings" and "Crimson Thunder", if anyone is feeling generous...
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done many recommendations, but this is for aalpha!

Great albums to download or even buy if you are feeling plush:

Aryeon - The Human Equation

http://music.allofmp3.com/r2/Ayreon/The_Human_Equation/group_719/album_4/mcatalog.shtml?albref=52

Brilliant, brilliant album! Very different from anything I've heard before. The album tells a story for a man who is in a coma from a car accident. Each character and emotion in his life is played by a different singer (wife, girlfriend, best mate, father, anger, love etc) and it all beautifully comes together to tell the rather interesting yet sad story. Just give it a few listens and you'll be hooked.

Within Temptation - Mother Earth

http://music.allofmp3.com/r2/Within_Temptation/Mother_Earth_(Bonus_Tracks)/group_4320/album_5/mcatalog.shtml?albref=52

Yet another "must have album" are tracks are absolutely beautiful, moving and emotional.

Apocalyptica - Cult

http://music.allofmp3.com/r2/Apocalyptica/Cult/group_945/album_2/mcatalog.shtml?albref=52

Heavy metal with cellos! Fanastic!

Can't think of anymore at the moment (I'm at my parents house and don't have my music with me) if you want anymore just ask.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Hobbies & Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: