Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Best Adult-Oriented-Non-Simpsons Cartoon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your Favourite Adult-Oriented Cartoon?
Futurama
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
American Dad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Family Guy
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
South Park
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Best Adult-Oriented-Non-Simpsons Cartoon? Reply with quote

I'm sure we have conducted this poll before and Simpsons came out number one. I'm just curious to know what your other favourites are.

whufc88
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted other as my childhood fave was a manga tv series called "the guyver". it even spawned 2 live action movies, the second of which is the better in my opinion. i remember staying up for ages to watch guyver on sci fi back when it showed anime
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Futurama well enough but Tripping the Rift makes me hoot.

Jarmen
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family guy for sure, its so random, i have the first three seasons on dvd Very Happy
IceMan
More favourite than Avarice also
More favourite than Avarice also

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarmen wrote:
Family guy for sure, its so random, i have the first three seasons on dvd Very Happy

with family guy they put in as many jokes as possible because they didnt think it would be funny and sometimes that can make it boring so Im going with futurama. If futurama would have come before the simpsons it would be the most famous cartoon ever

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Futurama it's just a real shame that some high paid executive didn't think it was making enough money so they cancelled it! What about the art? I think we should strike! (not sure, who how why or when but it's the only thing I can think of!)

tafkao
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futurama just seems to be jokes, and not very funny ones. South Park is mature (?) satire. It grapples some serious issues in a humorous way. Futurama just seems to be some random fantasy. Doesn't do it for me.
Fxer
Regular Contributer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know? Link. It's been in the news for a while.

My favorite cartoon would be either Futurama or Family Guy.
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fxer wrote:
You don't know? Link. It's been in the news for a while.

Yay1 that's great to hear. Good to see that they have finally got their head out of their arses!

Rach
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a toughie between Family Guy and Futurama, but i have been watching a lot of Family Guy recently & it is sooo hilarious!

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted SOuth Park!!
grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...This's a hard choice. You know, these are my four favourite shows. Futurama was just great, it wass funny, there were LOADS of jokes and it never got old. And now, they're making a movie! THAT'S AWESOME! And it's supposed to be released sometime this year, probably after The Simpsons movie. July 27th 2007! BE THERE!

Family Guy is awesome, it's got moments, and an assload of them I might add, but although they're funny as hell, sometimes, they just fill too much in there, and then there are fill-ins like Johnny Cash in a recent episode. Who the hell shows stock footage of Johnny Cash? Plus, they resurrected themselves. You have to love any show that gets canceled and manages to get put back on the air ON THE SAME STATION.

Anyway...South Park is just fantastic. 10 seasons and it's still running strong. I'm a little disappointed that they're not really allowed to say "Jesus" anymore unless they're talking to him, but still, the show still manages to make you either smile, feel a little nauseous while smiling, or go "WTF?!" Plus you have to admire the work team, I mean, they usually START and finish an episode within the last few hours before the show is due. Now that's amazing!

And then there's American Dad. Look, I'm happy that it has a success - not a great one, but a success nonetheless - but I don't like it. Maybe it was good just before Family Guy was brought back, but now...It just seems like Seth McFarlane is just getting a little distracted. Like, he's putting a lot of effort into Family Guy, and a little into American Dad, but I think he should just give American Dad the pleasure of having one final season, and quitting, so that he could focus only on Family Guy...And The Winner..Which brings me to my next point...

Ahhh, Other. A great category. It can mean anything. In this case, it's Fox's newest show "The Winner" from the creator of Family Guy and American Dad. It's an amazing show. It's just awesome! You can't help but laugh at the main character's way of speech, his acting, the fact that he's best friends with the-woman-he-loves' son, and the kid knows he loves his mother, but yet, it doesn't even phase him. It's a great show, and I hope it lasts past the deadly 3rd season. It's just so damn funny. And, it plays 2 new episodes every Sunday. That doesn't usually happen!

Well, that's my opinion anyway...But if I were to pick one....South Park, for sure.
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching one season of both American Dad and Family Guy, although both are extremely funny, the winner is Family Guy for me! I love the way they use funny visions/flash backs. The one I have in my head is the roadrunner one. Peter is driving his car in the Mid-west and says "did I just run over an ostrich?", the Coyote is sat next to him in the car and replies "no just keep moving" Class! Another that really made Paul laugh for a good 5 minutes - Brian and Peter are having breakfast. Peter says "There's a message in my alphabix, it says "ooooo" " to which Brian, a talking dog, replies "those are cheerios".

I feel that American Dad is just funny because it breaks every taboo there is! The characters are pretty annoying too but I love their pet alien. Can I have one!?

(please note, I've paraphrased the quotes from my memory!)

Last edited by area51newmexico on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of getting slapped by Avarice again, it's actually Alphabets hehe...Although that actually is one of my all-time favourite scenes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: