Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Final Fantasy Fighting Game

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you guys think this is a good idea?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It MAY have the potential
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Possibly
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
WTF is "Final Fantasy"?
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy Fighting Game Reply with quote

You guys! A friend of mine and I came up with an idea for a video game. Now, I'm sure you've all heard of the game giant Square (Currently paired up with Enix) and they're uber famous "Final Fantasy" series. Now, I'm a hardcore fan of Final Fantasy, as is my friend Nick, who I mentioned before, and we managed to come up with some really great ideas for a game. We were thinking of a Final Fantasy fighting game. Including all of the favourite and best characters from the Final Fantasy series, we found that Square would make an absolute fortune off of this. We thought it might have been a better idea to make the characters 2D, but decided against it because, well, too many characters just have too many details. We thought about a story mode, characters that are a must, and some that people may not even remember.

Now I know I haven't posted here in at least a month or two, but we decided we'd set up a petition to get as little as 500 names. I also know that there aren't 500 people registered on the site, so I'm going to be posting this up onto many forums. If you guys think that this game has potential, then please, sign the petition, and if you could, use your real name, hopefully asking this of you isn't against the rules.

PETITION FOR A FINAL FANTASY FIGHTING GAME:

1. Justin Freitas
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online petitions don't really work.

But providing it has all the Final Fantasy 'film to film like graphics back to film again' likeness and moving cameras and sooooooper amazing attack moves like

Bah, I can't find it atm but somewhere on one of my hard drives, I've got this anim of this stick figure who's trying to open this door and he's using all these really funky special powers to open this door, and when he's totally exhausted the door opens, of course he was opening it the wrong way

That'll be kinda good in a beat em up... really over the top 'face mashing' special moves sorta thing - with cherries
grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know, but I might as well try it. I know which animation you're talking about by the way. I mean, this game would be filled with things from the games, from purchasing weapons, to using magic. And let's not forget that there ARE characters who use guns in the game, so that would a little extra.
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Final Fantasy a fighting game anyway?

grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, clever...Random battles...No, Final Fantasy is classified as an RPG. It's an adventure game - well, series - although there is a LOT of fighting in them, our idea was to have a classic type of fighting game like, Tekken, or Mortal Kombat, or Virtua Fighter, a game system like that. Just, with Final Fantasy characters...Actually...If you think about it, a Final Fantasy fighting has been technically achieved... Ever hear of Ehrgeiz? It's a fighting game made from Square, although Final Fantasy characters were no main fighters, they were however, unlockable. And come to think of it, Ehrgeiz also had an adventure mode as well, but it was with two characters that have absolutely nothing to do with Final Fantasy. So if you think about it...This game should follow in the steps of Ehrgeiz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: