Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
The Big Bang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Area 51 Forum Index -> Aliens & Conspiracies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the big bang is real?
Hell yeah
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
No, it's a load of bull
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
God made the universe scientists know nothing
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwgn wrote:
Quote:
In science, a theory is a mathematical or logical explanation, or a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation. It follows from this that for scientists "theory" and "fact" do not necessarily stand in opposition. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behaviour are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and general relativity.

Flippin heck warwgn please read what you quote.

This quote simply states that theories can be used alongside facts to prove them.

Rolling Eyes

~ AVARiCE
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you read it, obviously you didnt understand what it is saying Wink

http://wideopenracing.easyphpbb.com/index.php
Skorpz
Forum Ace & Best Noob 2007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwgn it was in a video that we saw in science and Av saw it as well and he can confirm it.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
Eleanor Roosevelt
AVARiCE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwgn wrote:
you read it, obviously you didnt understand what it is saying Wink

Nope I got it all. Point out the bit that means that theories are fact please.

~ AVARiCE
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never said it was fact, but on the other hand it is not just some made up bit like god.

a theory is a mathematical or logical explanation, or a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation.

Generally, a fact is something that is the case, something that actually exists, or something that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation.

http://wideopenracing.easyphpbb.com/index.php
bean824
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVARiCE wrote:
Calling God's existence theory is insulting tbh. Who are you, or anyone else to think that you are better than anyone who has lived thousands of years before you? If you don't believe in God that is fine, however it is not a theory, it is a belief. Get it right and prevent yourself being publicly embarrassed.

Give me a fact, or even a credible theory for God's existance.

And as for what the Universe is expanding into, that has already been discussed, please check the appropiate thread Smile . It's in the Phylosophy topic, i belive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bible. End Of.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
Eleanor Roosevelt
bean824
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not 'End of' anything. Get me proof that the Bible was written by Jesus, or God for that matter. And the present Bible has been altered and edited so many times that it can't really be called the original one anyway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say the Bible was written by Jesus or God.

You said

Bean824 wrote:

And I have given you it. Read the Bible and that is your fact, or the proof that God does exist.

Eleanor Roosevelt
AVARiCE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwgn wrote:
never said it was fact, but on the other hand it is not just some made up bit like god.

Your intelligence levels astound me. You sound like a bitter baby Smile BTW, next time you attempt to take a low-blow, don't embarass yourself publicly. Everyone who reads this thread now sees a grown man taking a cheap shot to a 15 year old Smile

bean824 wrote:

And as for what the Universe is expanding into, that has already been discussed, please check the appropiate thread Smile . It's in the Phylosophy topic, i belive

The Bible. If people worldwide believed it for hundreds of years and people believed in God for thousands what makes you special? Now give me the answer to the question please, I'm not going fishing for your answer Smile

~ AVARiCE
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then you're saying that whatever the Bible says is true. So when it says that Jesus turned water to wine, and 2 fish to 40 fish (or something like that), then it really happened? What if the Bible said that all of the characters died in a car crash? Would you take that to be real to?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bean824 wrote:
So then you're saying that whatever the Bible says is true. So when it says that Jesus turned water to wine, and 2 fish to 40 fish (or something like that), then it really happened? What if the Bible said that all of the characters died in a car crash? Would you take that to be real to?

Here's my irony!!

You believe people in white suits telling you that the universe started with an atom!! Oh man, you've got to be kidding me.

~ AVARiCE
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you belive many different people, from men in robes who created the idea of an all powerful being to explain the unknown, from the kings who changed the texts to help prove their point.

And besides, the Red Shift idea, which i wholely belive, proves the Big Bang theory.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily, I believe in God. I also believe in Jesus Christ.

Nothing can prove the Big Bang theory as it is a theory. If I throw enough theories together, each backing up another part of another, will you take it for fact?

~ AVARiCE
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Shift can be proved scientifically, as you have seen in science lessons. God can't be proved scienifically, mentally, or in any other way. Get me stone cold proof of God being real, and I will publically apologise for wasting people's time Smile .
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Area 51 Forum Index -> Aliens & Conspiracies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: