Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Friday Poll: Pain

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your relationship with pain - tell me about it.
I'd rather die than feel pain (Also, I'm AVARiCE)
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all (Also, I like that song)
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Pain is the cleanser (Also, I'm an emo faggot)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I hate pain.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I can take pain (Also, I'm American and.... zzzzzzzzz)
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Here's a story about the biggest PHYSICAL pain in my life (no emotional bullshit please, I don't care =])
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I <3 Av
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I, for one, like oranges. (Also, other)
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Friday Poll: Pain Reply with quote

Apologies for the lateness but I was in A & E yesterday. I'm sure you want to hear the full story but I can't be bothered to type it. In short, minor dislocation, strained anterior ligaments and ankles the size of oranges.

Pain.

~ AVARiCE
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate pain. I have a really low pain threshold and it just generally sucks. I find that even naggly little injuries/problems tend to make me off-task and irritable. Like at the moment I have a pain in my toe for no apparent reason, and it's putting me off my typing, even though many other people probably wouldn't feel it.

Also, 3DG's 'Pain' is awesome. It's on my new phone already Very Happy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pain is weakness leaving the body...

Depends what pain we're talking. Take for example the burning pain of having run a marathon. Crossing the line makes it all worth it, pain becomes euphoria, that dopamine hit that is quite rare.

Here's pain again, but a different type of pain, but again results
http://www.lykewake.org/

And then of course there is the pain in your ears from being out somewhere in the middle of a field, cold, wet, tired and then to watch a Lombard RAC rally car fly past.

Pain. It can be good...
whufc88
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take a bit of physical pain...but im not american...hell anyone who knows me in real life will tell you im very yankophobic...just without the scared part and more the mocking, sarcastic hatred!
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what? I *am* an American and I *can* take pain and if you go to sleep on me *you'll* learn a deeper meaning of *pain*. Razz Razz

Speaking of pain and strength I cross my heart this is 100% true. My cable TV needed service recently. The guy shows up and checks things and finds the hookup outside is a disaster waiting to happen. So he installs all new connectors and splitters and puts everything in a box to keep it out of the weather. The guy who put it in first left everything exposed.

While he was working we were talking. His wife called him on the phone and it was one of those push to talk walkie-talkie Nextel thingies so I could hear both sides.

She wanted to know how to configure something in their own cable stuffs and she needed a box from one of the kid's room blah, blah, blah. Sumin in the picture I know not what exactly was heavy. So heavy he thought she wouldn't be able to handle it.

His comment was, "It's too heavy for you to push. . . " whatever whatever. She came back with "Honey, If I can push out a baby I can push this _____________ thingy.

I gestured a salute and excused myself and went back in the house. He busted out laughing at me bowing out of the area and she thought he was laughing at her. Paiaiaiainnnnn. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Last edited by aalpha on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can actually deal with pain in most cases...think its because i've had so many injuries in my footballing career...i'd rather feel the pain to know something is wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: