Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Payday
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you prefer to be paid:
Weekly
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Four weekly
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Monthly
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Don't care as long it's the correct amount
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
I love sausages! (Other)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Payday Reply with quote

What do you reckon?

I've discussed this topic with a few people. Some say that weekly pay is better to organise one's self because they can't spend all their money in one go and if they do blow one weeks wages on something silly then they still have another few weekly payslips to pay the bills. Others say that monthly is better because it forces you to plan the whole month!

BTW the four weekly is different from monthly. With four weekly pay, you will receive 13 paydays a year and with monthly, you receive 12.

Skorpz
Forum Ace & Best Noob 2007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say weekly because I would just prefer it that way and I'm good with my money so I don't spend it all at once Very Happy

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
Eleanor Roosevelt
IceMan
More favourite than Avarice also
More favourite than Avarice also

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer monthly because you can then set all bills to be taken out monthly too so you know how much you have left to survive on for the rest of the month and can work it all out. Ive found it pretty easy to organise money while living in a rented house at uni and having to pay bills etc

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently get paid monthly which I prefer (mind you I've never had a job that paid me weekly) but its nice to plan my month out...
stalker
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceMan wrote:
I would prefer monthly because you can then set all bills to be taken out monthly too...

yeh me too - all my bills are monthly, so easiest to arrange everything to go out a few days after payday so you know exactly what you got left with for the month...
pickle
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get paid weekly just because that's how my bosses have always paid their staff. I don't mind as I don't have any monthly bills.
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer weekly because semimonthly just does not hit right for the due dates of most of my bills.

Here's how we break it down in the US.
Weekly = usually every Friday. Up to the company as to which day though; can be any day.

Semimonthly = is every other Friday. This one and weekly will see 2 months a year with an extra payday; 3 for this one and 5 for weekly. Again, prob at the discretion of the employer; could be every other Tuesday. puke_r

Bimonthly = the 15th and the 30th; or the Friday prior to those dates in the event of a bank holiday, or weekend. This is the worst because it can actually work out to nearly 3 weeks between some paydays. Between early this and late that, the gap between paydays can be too large.

Monthly = the first or last day of the month - not sure if it is up to the employer or not. Shouldn't matter with one following the other. As with Bimonthly the Friday prior to the *day* when it falls on a weekend or holiday.

I am currently getting paid weekly and I need me loot the minute I can get me hands on it. I don't know why it makes a difference but I can save more and manage bills more responsibly on a weekly pay schedule.

Unlikely
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose weekly, but i've got to be honest, I miss the money from the club. Bringing home cash every night was nice. Let alone how much I was making on some nights....

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
--Neitzsche
spartman
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: paydays Reply with quote

Before I retired from ATC I got paid every two weeks. Now I get my money on a monthly basis. My wife has always handled the bills and budget and does a very good job of keeping things on an even keel. So for us, it does not really matter.

Spart
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

I don't know why it makes a difference but I can save more and manage bills more responsibly on a weekly pay schedule.

You are a strange individual and you have my pity Laughing

I prefer monthly for the same reason Icecream gave.
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely wrote:
I chose weekly, but i've got to be honest, I miss the money from the club. Bringing home cash every night was nice. Let alone how much I was making on some nights....

What job did you used to do?

Unlikely
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:
Unlikely wrote:

What job did you used to do?

I was a stripper for about two years and a waitress at the same bar before that. It was great money. And easy. lol

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
--Neitzsche
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely wrote:

I was a stripper for about two years and a waitress at the same bar before that. It was great money. And easy. lol

Could of sworn I remember reading you saying that's what you did, but I can't for the life of me remember where Confused

I thought it was going to be in your 'me' thread here
http://wwwarea51newmex.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=5541

lol at the 'I don't have kids' comment Very Happy - it all happens here you know Razz

OH OH OH! - speaking of which... I've got a great pic to post... Someone sent this to me on an email...

A load of school children were told for homework they had to draw a picture.

Sarah submitted the following...

Needing clarification on the picture, the teacher sent a note home asking for an explanation. The reply below is what Sarah brought back to her teacher the next day.

Quote:

Dear Mrs. Jones,
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn’t show me dancing around a pole. It’s supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta ask, what was stripping like?

Unlikely
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty- Yeah, I know that I had mentioned it before, but I'm not entirely sure where it was. It was when I first joined the boards.
And yes, I love that picture, but I had never seen the email thing that went along with it. That makes it even funnier. Razz

Helen- Honestly, it's like any other job...just the extremes of goods and bads are...well more extreme. There were nights when I wouldn't really have to do anything but sit and talk to people and I'd make ridiculous amounts of money for no reason, but then there were nights that I'd bust my ass and make NO money. It was fun, for the most part, but you have to be able to deal with mass amounts of drama.
The best part about the job was being able to keep in shape without having to actually work out. I got started doing a lot of the tricks and stuff and it made the job more fun, but it was still a bar and you had to deal with drunken idiots, fights, and really uptight, rude, and bitchy bosses.

--Neitzsche
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: