Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Dreams.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Dreams..... Reply with quote

What the hell are dreams?! They are often random, bizarre, illogical, like little movies inside your head....

So where do they come from? Are they your subconscious thoughts? Are they trying to tell you something, predicting the future? Or are they just a jumbled mess? Do they mean anything? What's their purpose?

And most importantly, what do cats dream? Are they are as crazy as ours? Razz

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I read somewhere that no one 'really' knows why we dream, some say it's our subconscious trying to tell us something.

You know your gut feelings about things? - well when you sleep your conscious mind can't repress those thoughts you were ignoring while you were awake, those thoughts all 'bubble up' to the surface where we see them as dreams.

I believe Carl Jung did quite a bit of 'dream interpretation', so you might want to look up some of his works perhaps? - dream reading was something i've looked into a bit as well.

http://www.dreammoods.com/
Seemed a good ( read quick ) resource when I was looking into dream reading, i've put some dreams into that and been... ...startled by the answers sometimes...
I'm sure there are other resources if that one doesn't have the answers you're after.

Obviously, you have to put into teh equation what it all means to you, I don't believe that you can say 'Ahh, you dreamt X, that means Y' - it's more of a 'your subconscious thinks this, but mine may think the same, but represent it differently'. Just my uneducated thoughts Smile

Another good thing I got interested in, was lucid dreaming. Took me ages to get it right...

I had to keep 'reality checking' so I eventually learnt to do it in my sleep, then I had to combat waking up, here's another resource for you if you want to do some more reading Smile

http://www.dreamviews.com/
Krymmsun
Regular Contributer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dreams never seem to make sense. Lately they've been either completely random, or based on some scenario I guess I expect deep down inside to happen in real life. I don't know. I never try to analyze my dreams. They're like really bad, really dramatic movies in my head to me. I'm trying to learn how to control them though, so I can actually dream about what I want. My daytime imagination isn't enough for me. I'm not really good at seeing pictures in my head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this thread way back but forgot to get back to it. Embarassed

My dreams always seem to be me in some kind of struggle; from a contest of wills to a fight to the death. The whole spectrum. Most of the time I wake up before it is even remotely settled. And it's not always with a person.

It's like this: I once got pinned under a huge tree. I had to dig my way out with my bare hands. Once I could move out from under the tree, I had to dig my way out from under the pile of dirt I just made. Evil or Very Mad WTF!!!

But when I don't wake up I either win or get even. No, get ahead. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't post this. Laughing

I'm certain dreams either reflect or are generated by our personal realities and fears, desires and other intangible influences. Like personality, attitude etc.

Does anyone ever die in their dreams? I've heard/read you can't. Or you'll die in your sleep. I doubt that but for the record I always manage to beat death.

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the dreams I have had lately have been really odd. I had a dream that my mum got pregant again & it was my fault as she kept blaming me Confused

I had a dream I was being chased by a T-Rex whilst at a fareground with some mates
(actually saying that...I have has this dream more then once - which I find quite wierd)

Most of the dreams I have are random but other times they actually mean something Confused
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep having a recurring themes in my dreams - mainly that Smokey returns (my cat - she disappeared back in 2002 and no-one has seen or heard from her since). They are sometimes happy dreams but I usually wake up feeling sad as I know she hasn't really come back:(

bean824
Contribution Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did once have a dream (this was long ago) that me and some mates were trapped inside the mouth of this giant mechanical whale.

I also dreamt once that the whole world was underwater, and I had this HUGE shark hunting me whenever I went outside. That was some scary stuff.

Yes, I have weird dreams! Very Happy

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great!! Twisted Evil now I'm going to have that dream. I'll never be free of his evil eye throughout the whole dream and I'll wake up needing rest. Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Religion & Philosophy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: