Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Photo Update Time. . . and yes, it's more than just cats.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Photo Update Time. . . and yes, it's more than just cats. Reply with quote

Well it's been a while hasn't it? I've got some pretty neat pix ANNNDD!!! not all of them cats.

Recently I helped some one take some stuff to a house out in the country where they do a monthly "yard sale" for a mission in Africa. It's more like a flee market as some items are not at all “yard sale cheap”. In a yard sale you're trying to unload your junk like not so old DVDs for 75˘ as opposed to $4.00 at a flee market.

Anyway one of the barns had this interesting web in the corner of the steps. I think the woman who oversees stuff said it was a Bull Spider's web. But Wiki don't know that name. There prob is a bull spider but his web as near as I can tell doesn't look like this.

What ever it is, it's strange.

While I'm on the subject of spiders I found this specimen while piddling around the house. He has a sword looking pattern on his back.

I saw there was room between his web and the cinder block building for me to put the camera between it and him but alas I couldn't get a decent pic of his underside. So I went inside and got a mirror and duct tape. Clever huh? And how about the little teaser piece of my eye in the edge of the pic?

While I'm on the subject of the cinder block building, here's where Jasper chills 95% of the day and sleeps the other 5%.

OK OK he may spend a couple of percents in the flower bed.

Or on or under a grill. I can't believe he let me walk up on him this close

before he sat up. If you call this sitting up.

While I'm on the subject of chilling and thus chili peppers which are not chilly at all, my Dad planted some chili peppers this year. His first 3 attempts failed so he pulled out all the stops. He ended up with about 4˝ five gallon bucketfuls. He sold his to a local Hispanic grocery store for $25.

Plus two big tray boxes for me to dry out and collect the seeds from. On the net seeds for these peppers sell for $2.50 to $3.50 for about 20 seeds. Each pod has 40 to 50 seeds each. Click this pick for one that I increased the contrast on and you can prob count the pods in the pic. Save me the trouble. It'll be interesting to see how much I sell on the net.

Or so I thought!!! I cut open a pod the other day and put the seeds on a napkin just to see how many. I just counted them and there are 125 seeds. I **maayyy** have cut 2 pods but I think just one. If I get 125 seeds per pod and 3 bucks per 20 seeds that’s $18.75 per pod. I’m gonna go out and count the pods tomorrow.

Oh, shucks. That’s if I get 6 orders per pod.

I can't find the proper genus/classification but they are known as Peter Peppers. Here is why.

This pod seemed to not know whether to be a boy or a girl.

Well enough of only one cat. Here we go. You all know I'm looking after a new gas station kitty I've named Artemis. Artemis was a Greek goddess. Anyway, you know how cats love to bring the people they own presents? A half eaten mouse, a dead bird, headless snake.

First here's 3 pix of Artemis. Her gift follows. Finish your pastry and get prepared. . . .

Here she got bold and stood on my car door to see what was inside.

And now her gift to me.

Here's the whole bunch - 2 tabbies and 2 blackies

And one last pix of the tabbies through the lattice under the steps.

Yes miss Artemis had kittens. She showed up for the night feeding on the evening of the 6th. I took pix of her which appear below in this post. Some of the pix were taken after midnight so they are dated the 7th.

Anyway she didn't show up for 2 days then when she did she was skinny again with nipples that would make a teenage girl jealous.

The pix of the kittens above are in their second den. Her first and prob where they were born were under a stump in a small sink hole less than 50 feet from their current den.

First the birth den. The mound in the distance shows the bowl of the sink hole. It looks like a caldera.

Ta-daa. The stump.

Click this pic and you'll see a bigger one that will show you Mama cat peeping out of the entrance.

The new den is under some steps on the abandoned house near the old one. It's the house in the pic date 10/10. The other pic shows another abandoned house but not the one with the den.

See here.

OK enough about kittens. Here's a pic of Houdini and Artemis eating. I put the same stuff in 2 separate piles and Artemis eats about 4 bites and goes over and tries to horn in on Houdini's food.

Houdini has learned she leaves as much food as he normally gets to come over and take his so he leaves his food and eats hers. Smart cat.

And finally - you know I'm not going to post a bunch of pix especially of other cats and not have one of Number One, Numero Uno, Roswell Helly. Here she's on possum watch. We have a new possum to get rid of. It will happen, trust me.

Well that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed my photo diary.

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re spiders - gross

Re peppers - there are some pretty funky shapes there! Good luck with your little business venture.

Re kittens -
AWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Soooooo cute!!!!!

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re fashion sense -

A shirt only a 60 year old would wear.
AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muahahaha I know who aalpha is!

Season tickets lowered plz? kthx.

~ AVARiCE

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Minty and Av - you're just jealous 'cause *you* never post anything as interesting a varied as this thread. Razz Razz

@Helen - Thanks. Very Happy I hope she doesn't move the kittens again and I can get better pix soon. The little buggers won't sit still which necessitates using flash which then washes them out.

warwgn
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
Re fashion sense -

A shirt only a 60 year old would wear.

not to mention the grey hair on the knuckles!! I can tell your age by your hands, and must admit I am not the true gramps in here Razz

http://wideopenracing.easyphpbb.com/index.php
aalpha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not gray hair you bat!! Razz It's the spider web. Y'all shut up and enjoy the kittens. Razz Razz

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

That's not gray hair you bat!! Razz It's the spider web. Y'all shut up and enjoy the kittens. Razz Razz

Bit defensive aren't you there? have we just hit on the truth ?

Funny looking spiders web if I ever saw one.

That spiders web are spindly but straight defined strands, the 'spiders web' on your hand appears to be whispy 'tufts' almost like hair.

No one my age would be seen dead in a hat like that either, it's a very 'grandad' style hat.

The type you see down the beach being worn by people who have retired there.
aalpha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't show in the pic but it's a military style ball cap. I've been teased for looking like an assassin or a SWAT team sniper. I usually shut them up by asking why then are you trying to piss me off? Wink

Nobody's hit nerve, just keep beating a dead horse.

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Why can't you just humour me for once Very Happy ?

Just say 'Yes, you've been right all along, I really am 60'

Go ahead, make my day Smile

Actually, should I of used that sentence...
aalpha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
aalpha wrote:

Why can't you just humour me for once Very Happy ?

Just say 'Yes, you've been right all along, I really am 60'

One simple reason. You are wrong, wrong, wrong. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Minty wrote:
Go ahead, make my day Smile

Actually, should I of used that sentence...

You might want to choose your words more carefully. . . . Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Pictures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: