Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Marriage - when's best?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Marriage - when's best? Reply with quote

What do you reckon is the best age to get married?

Teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s etc?

How long do you reckon a couple should know each other before getting hitched?

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never.

Hmmm... first we had the nieces thread
http://wwwarea51newmex.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=6193

Now we've got a marriage thread.
Is someone starting to hear the ticking of that body clock? tick tock tick tock.

Is someone thinking about marrying someone who they've been engaged to for sometime now?

Well can I be the first to wish you happiness for the next 60 years, all the best Smile
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, don't know what you mean:P

actually I was inspired, as usual by a topic on the good old BBC. They were asking for people to contact them if they had gotten married 'young' e.g under the age of 20. I assume they are making a TV documentary. Made me think about when would be best - not for me but people in general.

You ocassionally hear on the news that a couple in their 80s have gotten married which I think it's really sweet:) Better late that never.

TheBozzy
Regular Contributer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably say mid to late 20's would be good for me to get married, but of course I would want to know my girlfriend for a good while before proposing (3-5 years maybe?)

Just to add this part in for fun, I would want to wait until my 30's to have kids. I want to actually live my life for a while -- without the weight of children to tend to. Thats what my father done, it worked for him, it should work for me. But thats even if I have kids...

~TheBozzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been with my husband for a year when he proposed to me & we was engaged for a further 2 years before the big day...I was 24 when we got married. I honestly never saw myself getting married but I waited 4 years to be with my man & I knew straight away when we got together he was the one. Those 4 years were worth the wait Very Happy

I don't think anyone should get married before their 20s...I do believe that is too young.

I think from mid 20s is probably a good time to get married if your happy with your partner & you truely believe its going to be a long happy one Smile
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the exteranal elements have much to do with it. Immature people do better than some level headed mature types.

Money is an issue when one doesn't know how to live within one's means thus some well to do-ers fail while some poor people stick together like glue.

The list goes on. IMHO, the thing that makes or breaks it is whether BOTH people are able and willing to be committed and obligated unconditionally to each other.

If that gets a double yes, all else is immaterial.

Again, IMHO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Customs & Culture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: