Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Bloody Crappy Banks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Bloody Crappy Banks Reply with quote

For my cousin's wedding present, my dad wrote the couple a cheque. This week he got a letter from the bank. Apparently the money has gone into my cousin's bank account but as my cousin's bank has lost the cheque, my dad has not been charged! Hence, my cousins bank is out of pocket. They have asked my dad very nicely for a new cheque to be written so they money can come out on my dad's account! I know what I'd say to that!

Made me laugh. After everything that's been going on with the banking industry in the last year, makes you wonder.....

Have you got any story of banks or other organisations being totally rubbish?

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if it had been the other way around?

I read a great joke on that front...

Quote:

I went to the cash point the other day to withdraw some money, it said insufficient funds, well I went in and asked the girl at the desk, did that mean me or you?

At work, we have a 'company wide' get together every now and again where upper management tell us how brilliant we all are. One of the things we had been told was this ( names have been changed to protect the guilty )

A very big retailer who we will call Blamo Inc has had a big deficit in its profits this year. It has written to its suppliers telling them this and would all of its customers mind donating X amount of money to help it make up this shortfall.

I have no idea if this worked, but because i'm curious try using it on other big companies who seem to think that this works. Next time your mortgage is up, tell the bank that you'd like them to pay for you this month as you're a bit short of money what with christmas and all.
spartman
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty de la rocky road ice cream wrote :

Quote:
I have no idea if this worked, but because i'm curious try using it on other big companies who seem to think that this works. Next time your mortgage is up, tell the bank that you'd like them to pay for you this month as you're a bit short of money what with christmas and all.

Right. I wanna be able to do what our illustrious govt does.
When they run out of cash they just pass what is known as a
"continuing resolution " which basically says that "we are out of money
but someday we will come up with it "

So, I would love to call the bank up and declare one for the wife and I.
Just tell them, "Hey, we are a little short so throw a few thousand in the
account , we are good for it ( someday )"

Spart

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a refund check from a software store that was filing for bankruptcy, unbeknownst to me. The 50+ dollar check bounced and the bank tried to charge *me* for some processing fee.

I told them plainly that I didn't have enough money to make them cry if I left them but I would certainly leave them if they didn't give me back my 5 or 10 bucks.

They tried to give me some BS reason why *I* had to pay it and I said you are full of sh*t. You're taking my money because it's easier to take mine than it is to bill the company.

I won, but I had to threaten to publish their nonsense on the net. I still get a little raw when I think about it.

If I write a bad check, the business I give it to will charge me 30 or 40 dollars plus the bank has a huge bad check fee on top of that.
And then they hit me for money when somebody else gives *me* a bad check. Bulllllllshhhhh********tt!!!

Oh yeah, I did get a good check from the company. Dang buggers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: