Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
After 15 months I finally have a new job. . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: After 15 months I finally have a new job. . . Reply with quote

Almost to the day. I was fired from the warehouse job I had for 2½ years the day before Christmas Eve (23dec08) for not being able to keep up; which was total BS.

And now I've started my new job on 22mar10.

I'll bet a couple of you will spit on your screen and keyboard so put down your tea. I'm working for a company called A*C*S (A*ffiliated C*omputer S*ervices. They contract with all sorts of companies to handle customer service and/or tech support.

I'll be representing A*pple doing tech support for the iPhone and iPod, and quite probably the iPad when it is released.

I took the evening training from 3:30p - 12:00a since there's no way I'm going to volunteer to stare at text, print or electronic at 7:00am. The pay is nothing to hoot about while training, but it does get much better AANNDD there's plenty of opportunity to move up AAAANNNNDDDDD no more busting my ass doing hard labor, listening to banging metal, droning motors, eating dust, and all else that goes with manufacturing and/or working in a warehouse.

OK, that's if I get through the 3 weeks of training and a 60 day evaluation period. THEN I'll have the job. I really don't expect to have much trouble with it.

The newspaper did an article around 10mar telling about A*C*S hiring 280 new people and what they do but didn't name any clients. The reason being that companies want you to think you are actually contacting *them* not some one else.

I guess this area of work is moving away from India after so many years of no one being able to understand a freaking word the "help" desk is saying.

Job hunting had become so hopeless I almost waved it off. But I took a shower, shaved and put on some decent threads and took my resumé out there thinking they would take it and say "thank you goodbye go go go we got it."

Oh contrair, they sat me down, put me through testing, filling out forms indefinitely, interviewed me and started calling me a "new hire" some 4 hours later. Sacré bleu ! ! !

PS
I put asterisks in company names in the hopes that if they do searches for where their names occur they won't find my comments good, bad, or indifferent. I'm paranoid like that. Rolling Eyes

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Well done - that's great to hear!!!!!!!

Three cheers for aalphie - hip-hip-hooray, hip-hip-hooray, hip-hip-hooray!!!

spartman
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aalpha,

That starts my day on a good note to hear that you finally got a break.
You are a good man and I hope it works out for you.

So get in there and kick some serious butt.

Spart Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Vagilik
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good !! I know what you mean about the whole outsourcing thing. I used to work for a company that did support for Sony, DirecTV, Logitech, Verizon, and the list goes on. They specialize in the support industry and take on clients that need that.

I work in a corporate environment now, but we still outsource as well. Saves money. no companies in India yet, so we're doing ok.

Anyways I dont want to make this too long and boring so I'll leave you with a glad to hear it and good luck!
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Bows to everyone** Thanks for the cheers and good will. Somebody try to stuff Minty's guts back in him - I know he's lost his last 3 meals and most of his organs when he read my post.

Seriously I know Minty will bid me well too even tho he's one of the more outspoken A*pple mmmm, ahhh, critics shall we say? He knows even whores have to eat.

Vagilik, by all means tell us some of your stories.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: