Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
I could just cry. . . . .boo-hoo-hoo-hoo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: I could just cry. . . . .boo-hoo-hoo-hoo Reply with quote

Last night I decided to play two lottery games I haven't played in a long time. Cash5 I played several weeks ago but Pick4 I haven't played in over a year.

Well, I bought 5 sets of numbers for Cash 5 and 5 sets for Pick4. I played the Pick4 as 50/50 which means if they picked one of my sets of numbers exactly like I played it, I would win half the exact match prize and half of the any order prize ORRR 2500 + 100 dollars. If I match any order I only win 100 dollars.

I played 1464 and they picked 1469. The winning pick is almost always, always, always four numbers wherein 2 of them repeat. Like in MY freakin' number. So I missed 2600 dollars by one number.

Bad huh? Not even close. In Cash5, the jackpot starts at 50,000 dollars and grows each day no one wins. Cash5 is picked once daily in the evening around 11pm or so.

The winning pick last night for 207,000 dollars was 4 6 11 25 26.
What was one of MY numbers?? 4 6 15 25 26.

If you match 2 numbers you win a dollar, 3 you win 5 dollars, 4 you get a prorated prize base on the size of the jackpot and the number of winners. My prize was 166 dollars.

Nice and handy yes, but I missed 207,000 but one lousy number. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So shouldn't you have won the prize for getting 4 numbers or doesn't it work like that?

aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:
If you match 2 numbers you win a dollar, 3 you win 5 dollars, 4 you get a prorated prize base on the size of the jackpot and the number of winners. My prize was 166 dollars.

I guess it got lost in the story. . . .

spartman
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the sentiment Aalpha.

In California, about 20 years ago, I hit 5 out of 6 on the super Lotto. My last number was ONE off !! I won 1200 bucks, but it could have been 6 million.

You would think having five numbers it would have been more.

Ase pasa.

Spart l
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: