Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Oil and coal 2010 accidents related

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnight1

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Oil and coal 2010 accidents related Reply with quote

Does Anything sound familiar here ? Energy related ?

Coal Mine Blows up killing people .
Oil rig blows up with 126 people on it.

How long does it take to forge a birth certificate ?

Think about what Obama ( The president that can not come up with a birth certificate) said for a while:

Words of wisdom from President Obama, April 2:

It turns out, by the way, that oil rigs today generally don’t cause spills. They are technologically very advanced. Even during Katrina, the spills didn’t come from the oil rigs, they came from the refineries onshore.

President Obama, May 2:

Now, I think the American people are now aware, certainly the folks down in the Gulf are aware, that we're dealing with a massive and potentially unprecedented environmental disaster. The oil that is still leaking from the well , will seriously damage the economy and the environment of our Gulf states and it will extend for a long time. It will jeopardize the livelihoods of thousands of Americans who call this place home.

Why are these oil rigs not automatically made to have shut off valves by the Government or Safety inspectors that give the okay to put these rigs into operation like Nuclear Power Plants ?

If there is people who are supposed to do this ,they should be held responsible and put in jail for life.

Why didn't the oil rig have emergency cap off valve ?

It's also true that "generally" the capping method being used by Halliburton was known to be faulty and they didn't have a safety switch valve anywhere in the system because the device costs $500000. These switch valves are mandatory elsewhere, BUT when Cheney had his secret energy meetings this requirement disappeared. Note: The rig generates way more that $500000 in revenue in a day.

By the way: A point to ponder , How does a person become President without proving he is a citizen of the United States ?
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil and coal 2010 accidents related Reply with quote

wnight1 wrote:

Does Anything sound familiar here ? Energy related ?

Coal Mine Blows up killing people .
Oil rig blows up with 126 people on it.

Uhhh, chemical reaction occurs with materials that is mined for their chemical properties to provide power?

What could possibly go wrong?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhatCouldPossiblyGoWrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law

wnight1 wrote:

How long does it take to forge a birth certificate ?

I'm sorry, I don't follow, so 'Spatula' is my answer.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur )

But I guess the questions to your question is 'how official and scrutiny proof do you want it to be?' 'How much scrutiny will it be subject to?'

wnight1 wrote:

Think about what Obama ( The president that can not come up with a birth certificate) said for a while:

Words of wisdom from President Obama, April 2:

It turns out, by the way, that oil rigs today generally don’t cause spills. They are technologically very advanced. Even during Katrina, the spills didn’t come from the oil rigs, they came from the refineries onshore.

President Obama, May 2:

So you're inferring that the oil rig didn't explode?
A coal mine did instead and flooded the gulf states with oil and it's being blamed on an oil rig explosion ?

wnight1 wrote:

Now, I think the American people are now aware, certainly the folks down in the Gulf are aware, that we're dealing with a massive and potentially unprecedented environmental disaster.

The Torrey Canyon was pretty dire ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrey_Canyon )

You did quite well with the Exxon Valdez ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill )

( 10.8 million US gallons spread across 1,300 miles of coastline )

According to The Guardian ( so it's all true ) this oil platform is leaking 5,000 barrels a day.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/may/06/bp-oil-spill-gulf-of-mexico-deepwater-horizon
Quote:

In an interview for BBC Radio's Today programme, Hayward put the blame for the accident firmly on Transocean, the rig operator hired by BP to drill a well now spewing out more than 5,000 barrels a day from deep under the ocean: "That is a piece of equipment owned and operated by Transocean, maintained by Transocean; they are absolutely accountable for its safety and its reliability and they report to the regulatory authority for its safety." BP accepted total responsibility for the resulting oil spill which is threatening the tourist and fishing industries of the US southern States.

wnight1 wrote:

The oil that is still leaking from the well , will seriously damage the economy and the environment of our Gulf states and it will extend for a long time. It will jeopardize the livelihoods of thousands of Americans who call this place home.

BP profits? most likely but the national economy as a whole? - i'd say not.

wnight1 wrote:

Why are these oil rigs not automatically made to have shut off valves by the Government or Safety inspectors that give the okay to put these rigs into operation like Nuclear Power Plants ?

It would appear that currently US legislature does not require one to be fitted. This is why, in other countries it would appear that one is required so chances are all oil platforms in those waters are fitted with one.

I understand that in some US states, wearing a crash helmet while riding a motorbike isn't compulsory, it is in the UK. Some states don't require a front registration plate on a car, ( you do in the UK )

I could go on, but the point is made I think Smile

wnight1 wrote:

If there is people who are supposed to do this ,they should be held responsible and put in jail for life.

There are people responsible for this, they are called politicians. They make the laws.

wnight1 wrote:

Why didn't the oil rig have emergency cap off valve ?

Because it's not a legal requirement to have one under current US legislature ?

wnight1 wrote:

It's also true that "generally" the capping method being used by Halliburton was known to be faulty and they didn't have a safety switch valve anywhere in the system because the device costs $500000. These switch valves are mandatory elsewhere, BUT when Cheney had his secret energy meetings this requirement disappeared. Note: The rig generates way more that $500000 in revenue in a day.

Government in dodgy dealings shocker. Just because they are in a position of power does not automatically elevate them into 'holier-than-thou' beings. They are still human, they are just like you, and are perhaps easily subverted if they do not stick to their guns.

wnight1 wrote:

By the way: A point to ponder , How does a person become President without proving he is a citizen of the United States ?

Hey! - I thought I was the one to derail threads Very Happy

To answer your question Arnie 'The Governator' Schwarzenegger was not a citizen of the US, his birth certificate probably says place of birth Thal, Austria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger

You do not use your birth certificate to prove your citizenship do you?

Are you trying to imply that your current president isn't American but from some other country and has ordered the blowing up of a oil platform to damage the US with the resultant oil spill ?

If you could just clarify a bit more, we might be getting somewhere Smile

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to get at, I think I was with you up until the birth certificate bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Aliens & Conspiracies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: