Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
You'll offend christians

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: You'll offend christians Reply with quote

http://celebrity.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=153646911

Quote:

Campaigners are trying to stop a proposed Comedy Central cartoon which puts Jesus Christ in a modern-day context.

The newly formed Citizens Against Religious Bigotry said it believes the JC series would be offensive.

They accuse the Comedy Central channel of a double standards in mocking Christian figures and beliefs while recently refusing to let South Park depict the Prophet Mohammed for fear of offending Muslims.

So.. christians... why not start blowing yourselves up? - perhaps take a few mosques with you, and see if people start listening to you then?
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for beheading the infidels who offend the Lord your God. I bet that gets attention no matter who does it.

Uh, have you ever seen the line of people at the Federal Building signing up to testify against the mafia? There's a reason for that. . .

Seriously, great story Minty. We all know why people feel free to mock Christians and Christianity. If you don't believe in God you can't very well believe in hell. A butcher knife is real here and now.

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Seriously, great story Minty.

Thanks. I thought it was worthy of mention as it does highlight quite a far bit of hypocrisy.

Muslims behave like children ( we'll throw a temper tantrum if you don't do what we say ) compared to Christians ( oh look, another joke... how original too! Rolling Eyes )

Believe what you want to believe, form close bonds with people of the same and differing beliefs. Enjoy friendly banter between you, perhaps even debate the differences.

But this should be for all people regardless, when you have 1 rule for 1 and not for another that's only going to make integration between people of differing opinions harder.

I would be interested if this Citizens Against Religious Bigotry ( or 'carb' for short ) will no seek to sanitise any form of believed slight against believers and non believers.

Is this more a pressure group that takes offence on people's behalf? - or have they just got one person of each available belief and they are told to take offence when ever they see something?
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allowing this show would be very positive for Christians. One thing I admire about Christians is their ability to take criticism or jokes - it shows strength, security and maturity. Unlike another group which shall remain nameless:D

You've got to admire the response the Dean of Lincoln Cathedral when he faced criticism for allowing a scene to be filmed there. Now there's a guy who is secure in his beliefs.

Quote:
The Da Vinci Code is a novel and as such it is not to be taken too seriously from a religious point of view. It is a work of fiction as its author freely admits. It is an intriguing and complex "thriller" into which is woven a series of assumptions and claims about the life of Jesus Christ and the history of the Christian church. These have been around for centuries, surfacing every now and again only to be refuted each time.

http://www.lincolncathedral.com/xhtml/default.asp?UserLinkID=86201

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people cling to things too tightly.

It becomes part of them, when they feel this has come under attack ( even if it hasn't ) they feel very threatened, not wanting this pillar of support for themselves to be taken away.

The Dean is made of sterner stuff however, and can actually think clearly and point out the differences. Something it would seem the people who criticised him are unable to do.

Taking the disinterested approach is far more mature and is there anything new that comes out of these anyway?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Religion & Philosophy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: