Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Where has 2010 gone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Where has 2010 gone? Reply with quote

So if your anything like me you've found the middle of the year has come all to early.

So what did you plan to do this year, new years resolutions and the like, and how are you going with it?
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holidays and days out with friends I think was the main plan, which is going well.

Though I tend to not make new year's resolutions I just see them as being pointless.
Just because it isn't a new year is no excuse to not make a resolution there and then.
alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my plan was to have a baby which has now happened Smile My hubby, Luke & I are going away on a boating holiday in September with some of my family. Also planning to catch up with friends that we haven't seen in ages...
Vagilik
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my plan is to take over the world. lol j/k. on a serious note, though, i do plan on getting custody of my daughter. Things have got so screwed up lately and i think the mother is actually going to get away with moving to new york with her because the person that served her the court papers never turned in the paper that they were supposed to proving that she was served.

I beleive things happen for a reason and in the end i will come out on top in one way or another.
Rach
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my main plan was to finish my dissertation and all the other work to complete my degree, which I did - and I got my results a while ago (First Class) and I will graduate at the end of this month. After that my plan was to do postgraduate study at another university, once I can give them a copy of my degree certificate (after graduation) my place is confirmed. I am in the process of moving house to be closer the new university.

I am not sure what else I have planned for the rest of the year - carry on with my studies, settle in to the new city...I am going to a music festival in August which I am really looking forward to Smile

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds like most of you are far more sorted out than me. Im glad to hear your doing so well rach.

I am in a rather big time of change at the moment, ending my airforce career and moving back into the civialian life is going to be intertesting, even though I was only serving for 3 years.

Im on track to go overseas and visit england next year, which I m very much looking forward to, but more on that in the other thread.
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Specter - I am sure you will settle back in fine, it may just take some time to adjust.

I suppose the one plan I did have that didn't work out was to celebrate the end of my degree and my 21st birthday with friends at uni and at the beer festival - dislocating my knee meant that I had to move home earlier than I wanted to so I missed out on all the end of term celebrations. Then the few friends that had promised to come to the beer festival all pulled out at the last minute, so that was pretty disappointing. Still, I am making a fresh start in a new city in September so hopefully I will make some new and better friends there (there is a whole bunch of other stuff about the 'friends' I had made in Nottingham, which I don't want to get into here because I don't want to sound like a whiny, bitchy grump).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: