Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Things That Have Made Av Chuckle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Things That Have Made Av Chuckle Reply with quote

If I remember (and the smart money's on me not doing so...) I'll update this thread at least once a week with something that's made me chuckle. I think I feel I should point out at this time that I'm probably mentally ill and my sense of humour isn't going to tickle everyone. Nothing I'll post will be outlandish so don't fear for your eyeballs but if you don't like it, leave.

Here's a couple to get it going.

Cypriot State of Mind - It's a parody of that song which I can't remember the name of but was very famous. I found it hilarious but it might be related to genetics.

~ AVARiCE
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I like the botton video - I've seen enough stupid people on buses to last a life time. But the first one, I don't *quite* get. Am I being thick or what? (don't answer the last question, I know the answer to that)

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:

But the first one, I don't *quite* get.

I'm not sure I get it right either, but I believe it's an article on domestic violence how women will be physically hit by their husband, and in the bottom there's an advert for Father's day.

The reader I believe makes the mental connection between a husband and a dad resulting in a 'buy a present for the person who abuses you.

Can I also point out that if aalpha finds it offensive he'll remove it anyway. He is the grandad of the forum and believes in censorship, for our own good you understand Razz I doubt we have much to fear in this thread with him watching over you Razz
AVARiCE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
area51newmexico wrote:

But the first one, I don't *quite* get.

I'm not sure I get it right either, but I believe it's an article on domestic violence how women will be physically hit by their husband, and in the bottom there's an advert for Father's day.

The reader I believe makes the mental connection between a husband and a dad resulting in a 'buy a present for the person who abuses you.

Nearly but it's actually much simpler. It says that 1 in 4 women will be beaten by their husbands. The advert then says "Treat him this Father's Day".

In other words, for a treat you should let him beat you. I just found the fact that some moron let that go to print hilarious. Don't people edit newspapers any more?!

Minteh wrote:
Can I also point out that if aalpha finds it offensive he'll remove it anyway. He is the grandad of the forum and believes in censorship, for our own good you understand Razz I doubt we have much to fear in this thread with him watching over you Razz

aalpha's not posted recently. I assume he's now 303 and out. Goodnight, sweet prince.

~ AVARiCE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post I know.

Here's some gold:

~ AVARiCE
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a long load, so a bit painful but not as painful as what this guy is about to feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Comedy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: