Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Fix or true public voting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the voting fixed or true public voting?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Not Sure
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Fix or true public voting? Reply with quote

My question to all those that watch the X Factor, what are your thoughts on the public voting?
stalker
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is most likely true voting - if it were fixed, someone would leak the evidence and they would know they could make a fortune from the press over the scandal..

Still dont know who on earth was keeping wagner in till now though!!! Wink
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a fix!

They manipulate the results so the person/group who will cause the most publicity and viewers will stay in until the end.

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Helen...i beleive its all a fix.
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol was on Dancing With The Stars and was able to make it to the finals entirely due to viewer voting.

I'll be the first to admit she didn't have th e skill to make it half way through the 12-15 weeks but viewer support kept her there.

Then when the criticism of her being there and winning out over Brandy got elevated to a fever pitch the result was that more and more conservative minded people would be sure and support her in the final.

Indeed, I tried to vote for her on as many as 6 phones and my pc. I started voting before her first dance and got through easily.

But when she came on and danced the lines got so jammed I was unable to use the votes on 1½ phones (5 votes per phone).

Then on the night of the selection of the winner she comes in 3rd.

BULLSHIT!! There was way to much negative publicity drawing way to much attention to an insignificant event that riled up way too many people who otherwise wouldn't have known the DWTS final came and went for her to have come in 3rd.

It was too pat. I think it was rigged.

And let say again - she didn't deserve to win on talent at all. But the viewer votes kept her in until the producers realized they'd have an untenable situation if they let the viewer votes decide the outcome.

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of interest, is it possible to vote online (for free) for any of these TV shows? Just curious....

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:
Out of interest, is it possible to vote online (for free) for any of these TV shows? Just curious....

Not for the X Factor...you use to be able to ring or text yourvote through but now you can only phone your vote through!
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:

Voting on line is free. by phone it's whatever your regular airtime plan allows, if you have cell service with AT&T you can txt your votes; not sure if you can combine calls and txts with AT&T for a total of 10 votes or if it remains 5 total no matter how you do it.

but if you pay 25¢ per txt then if costs 25¢ per vote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: