Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Rihanna...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Rihanna... Reply with quote

Rihanna isn't the kind of artist I usually listen to by choice, HOWEVER, I just had to check out her latest video, S&M. When I first heard that title,I thought 'surely, it's not about THAT' but unless I'm mistaken, it is! kinky!

I'm in two minds about the video - is it her just being cute, trying to be shocking and controversal or is it actually true that whips and chains excite her? I reckon it's one of first two options.

So, if she is just doing it for the shock value, is there anything wrong with that or is just a bit silly and pathetic? Most artists do use sex appeal and other methods to gain publicity.

Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdS6HFQ_LUc&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Drihanna%2Bs%2Band%2Bm%26aq%3D3&has_verified=1

(You will need an account to watch)

aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 90 second piece of crap song miserably dragged out to 4 minutes.

Just when I'm dead set against censorship, a Rihanna comes along. Rolling Eyes

Rach
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately its usually the artists that have no musical talent that resort to sex appeal to sell their music and Rhianna just goes to illustrate this. Did you watch the Brits? Mumford and Sons performed, just the 4 of them, their instruments, a microphone and a spotlight on them. James Corden rightly said, 'it just goes to show that if you have the talent, you don't need any of the pyrotechnics or flashy things'...5mins later Rhianna is on, distracting everyone from the fact that she wasn't singing very well with a skimpy outfit, a giant flame and some explosions...kind of proving James Corden's (and my) point really...

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Katy Perry really did kiss a girl and liked it.

I guess we'll never truely find out if whips and chains excite Rhianna though.

A lot of things if they are good don't need anything controversial to sell themselves. Susan Boyle has a stunning voice but has a face like a bag full of spanners, she doesn't need to be seen in skimpy dresses to of got Simon Cowell's attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8P9d0zGZl4

So yeah, it's perhaps 'marketing' telling her to do something that will sell and so therefore a bit sad and pathetic. Though 'how' something is marketed can also be a factor. Just because there's a song about 'love' lets say, would result in a varied opinion.

First law of publishing

If it's outrageous shit, but will make money it's publishable; But if it's publishable, but won't make money it's shit.
Stelalouis
Regular Contributer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen Rihana randomly and she is good to sing with her bets performance there , initilaly she was not so famous to us and some of the good shots make her so .

Watch Movies online without downloading
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: