Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Wish My Lectures were like this!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Wish My Lectures were like this! Reply with quote

Mine weren't anything like this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12642898

I cannot for the life of me think what the educational value of this would be. HOWEVER I reckon the lecture was the best attended for the whole year!

Do you reckon this was inappropriate?

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 21 February, psychology professor Michael Bailey held a lecture on sexual arousal, with a focus on certain aspects of female physiology, according to a statement he released on Wednesday.

It was a lecture on sexual arousal. Surely, the president would of called it at that part? Didn't he see the syllabus? It'd all of been in there surely?

( tee hee! I used the word 'part' Laughing )

Reminds me of this book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sex-Tips-Husbands-Wives-1894/dp/1840247029/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299504173&sr=1-1

I'm looking forward to next years course on gynaecology using stick men drawings ( you know, just to avoid causing 'offence' ).

If you're going to allow a course on sexual arousal surely the topics covered will be controversial at best ?
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just an odd ball but I would be offended by the implication that I would need a class room lecture on how to use them.

From the article - "Student feedback for this event was uniformly positive," Prof Bailey said.

Isn't that a bit close to the inmates running the asylum?

Thank God they didn't pair off into groups leaving Nigel and Ned the last two. Laughing

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe the lecture was on the actual use, rather on sexual arousal and as an extension of that showed various ways that sexual arousal can be caused.

Whether they pulled out a photoplethysmograph to show how different people reacted to different forms of stimuli by comparing these results I do not know, but if such a study were being carried out, that would be the aim of the lecture not telling people how to use such things.

I too would hope if you'd bought a pair of beads aalpha, you'd know what to do with them.

You mention about student feedback and it being 'inmates running the asylum', I think it depends again on what feedback had been requested.

When I first started doing the job I do, a lot of people moaned that they weren't very clear. That it was too technical for them. So I adapted my instructions to use blown up images of very complicated things highlighted with big red arrows pointing to things such as 'the clock in the bottom right hand corner', 'the start button' and so on.

Without getting feedback on the clarity of my documentation it still wouldn't of served the purpose it was originally written for.

Here, the same thing may of applied. Was the lecture informative? Do you think the lecture could of explained things in a different way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Current Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: