Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
YAYYAYAY!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: YAYYAYAY! Reply with quote

After moving house two months ago, we have finally gotten around to setting up the net and computers up! I can actually go on the internet in the privacy of my own home!

Just thought I'd share:D

warwgn
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!! I am about to do the oppisite, I will be on the net from my phone only for a few months.

http://wideopenracing.easyphpbb.com/index.php
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past month I've only been able to access the net via me iPod. About 2 or 3 weeks before my HDD died I bought a wireless router which let me use the iPod when my pc crashed.

I told you I was last, believe me now??

About a month or so before my HDD died I subscribed to Carbonite.

As per another post somere I got down to the wire on the restore thingy and it errored out.

Dumbass me restored my OS which had IE from 2005. The older IE was probably the culprit.

Anyhoo, this time around I paused Carbonitemare when I couldn't be there to babysit it.

I just finished the restore Wednesday - successfully hoorah!!

Now I'm picking through the debri of my stuff trying to figure out how I got everything like I had it.

I've got all my precious stuff but I can't find my key to Quicktime Movie Pro. I know it's recorded somwhere, 16 or 20 bytes out of 210gb. Piece of cake.

Helen, tried to go to Fartbreath but it said the page was not accessable at the moment.

OH!! I'm working again. We'll see how THIS goes. Rolling Eyes

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We read you loud and clear G-man!

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

For the past month I've only been able to access the net via me iPod. About 2 or 3 weeks before my HDD died I bought a wireless router which let me use the iPod when my pc crashed.

I told you I was last, believe me now??

No you're not last I still don't have a wireless router as I don't believe in them.

aalpha wrote:

About a month or so before my HDD died I subscribed to Carbonite.

Some nice data you got there, shame if anything should happen to it. Hey! you've paid us protection money for your data, now to make you feel like you're getting value for money we'll just activate the 'self destruct' option in your software and you'll just keep giving us money. Any moment we think you're looking into an alternative 'at home' backup method, we'll push the big red button again.

We're watching you.

aalpha wrote:

I've got all my precious stuff but I can't find my key to Quicktime Movie Pro. I know it's recorded somwhere, 16 or 20 bytes out of 210gb. Piece of cake.

You sure there's no open source software out there that will do just as good a job ?
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone render an HDD broken from a remote location? Haven't heard of it if they can.

If that can happen then why aren't the good guys giving the virus varmints a dose of their own medicine? Whether you ping IP's and go through an unprotected port or hack into an innocent web site and change a link to the kiss of death, the act of doing either should be detectable and from there zap the ne'er do well.

Am I missing sumin?

Uh, Minty (Lami? please don't make me type all of Lamiaceae ) Crying or Very sad , what do you not believe in about wireless routers?

As for an open source thingy, yeah, probably. I'm just not all that gung-ho to take on a house full of strangers in cyber world just now.

Once bitten twice shy and all that. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: