Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Bored WOW players, salvation awaits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Bored WOW players, salvation awaits Reply with quote

Gamers,
I recently read that some of you wow gamers are getting a bit bored with your game, thus I present TSW, released today.

The Secret World, an MMORPG, is set in the modern world and revolves around 3 secret society, the Templars, Illuminati and Dragon. Each one vieing to rule the world whilst simultaneously fighting the evil which has minifest itself around the place in the form of demons and zombies and whatnot.

Why you should check it out:
This MMO is, as far as I can tell, fairly unique when it comes to its design and excecution. As I've alreayd mentioned its set in modern times, which means you're not wielding bows and battleaxes. You still have magic, but other weapons include rifles, shotguns fire axes and sledge hammers.

There is also a fairly unique level/class system. That is to say, there isnt one, per se. You pick you're society, and thats it. Every character has access to every skill and weapon in the game. Of course you build points to spend in certain skill trees, but theres nothing stopping you deciding to completely change tact on a whim.

Finally, the best feature in my opinion is the quests. Common quest givers include a severed hand, a notebook, a lost phone. Your central quests still come from people with stories and cutscenes, but side quests are everywhere. Not only do quests come from anywhere, they also require you to think. Basic go there, kill this quests have several steps and while you get shown an area, you wont know exactly what to kill until you start killing them. This goes all the way up to research quests, which give you cryptic clues to decipher to find the answers.

Ok, yes this is a shameless plug for this new game but it really is worth checking out, I played some of the beta and just started on the real game and really enjoy it.
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played WoW in over a year *shock horror*

Are there any 'achievements' in this game?

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an achievement system, your standard killed X amount of zombies, or completed this group of quests, or explored that area. Is that what you meant or something else?
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just actually like achievements *blush* I have to have something to aim for

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess all games of this genre are objective oriented. Quests and goals abound and I find it very easy to be distracted from the main story or quests for hours at a time as I work through side quests and investigations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: