Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Actuator or Blend door?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vagilik
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Actuator or Blend door? Reply with quote

OK I hope I ask the right question here because it's a bit complicated (I think). I have a 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3.3L 2WD. Here's the problem: The air will come out of the vents for like 2 seconds and then i here a sound like a door closing behind the vents and then the airflow will either stop coming out all together or it will come out very little on the floor vent, but you can still hear the blower.

I went to an auto parts store and they said it could be the blend door or the actuator, but that they didnt carry either part at their store and they werent for sure. took it to several places and got the same info or less. i tried googling it and while it was doing the auto suggest it said blender door actuator, like it was one part, but then i searched different sites and couldnt find it. went to ebay motors and searched heater blend door and actuator and ever possible combination of the 2 i could think of.

So, does someone know if its an actuator, a blend door, a blend door actuator, or something different all together?

thanks much!

(I've been at this over a year now and winters are pretty cold and summers are really hot; i dont know how many more i can bear)
warwgn
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kinda one thing, now the issue is why is it not working? The system uses vacuum to operate the door, the actuator is the vacuum hinge part of the assembly. Your gonna have to start taking things apart to find the root cause. Mine did that and it turned out to be a broken clip on the door.

Go look through my subzilla build thread and there is a video on page 9 of how it all operates.

That is the best I can do for you, good luck with it.

http://wideopenracing.easyphpbb.com/index.php
Vagilik
Veteran Contributer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats more than i have. thanks! really appreciated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Help Me!! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: