Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Official Hobby of Area51: Music, Any Music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see specter's post from 30dec, dang auto notices - grrrrrr maybe I closed too many windows or IE locked up but I'll deffinately check all this out. I know Hammerfall from somewhere but it's too vague to *know* know. Thanks.

Geeeeeze!! How's this for confusing? Hammerfall's newest release is "Threshold" and Threshold has one "Dead Reckoning." Rolling Eyes

aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:
aalpha wrote:
Helen, the name of the group(?) I mentioned is Gregorian.

Never heard of the but they sound interesting... keep me posted.

I've downloaded a couple of their CD's. They sound a bit like Enigma even slightly copycatting titles. One CD is Sadifaction. Good if you like Enigma or Ambient dreamy music. I like listening to it when I'm falling asleep or had too much wine to watch TV. Another CD is Chill Out which is Ambient and a little Enigmish, didn't want to say Enigmatic. Laughing If you go with any of this stuff stay away from MP3Sugars 18th track on Sadisfaction. It's a corrupt file which you can hear in the 30sec sample; sounds like rats eating the speaker wires. They reimbursed me for it but had not fixed a few hours ago.

Overall I like them. There's prob room for some other classification than ambient, just not professional enough or arsed enough to nail it down.

The forum has been slow as molasses this morning even to the point I had to repost a couple of times. grrrrr. I do a copy before i click submit now.

aalpha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY!!! What do y'all think of Lily Allen? I like her OK, but then I'm a sucker for British girls. shhhhh. Wink

AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's ok. Her songs are those annoying catchy ones as far as I care. I once saw her perform live on Jools Holland's late night show thing and she hit the high notes really well, but sucked overall. Nice legs though Wink

~ Avarice
Forum Queen 2007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate her, she can't sing..
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's alright, and if she doesn't wear that awful eye colour then she is pretty but her songs annoy me. I saw her live at T4 on the beach last year and she was alright nothing special really but maybe that was because she was slightly drunk...hmmmm.
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily "ill wear a dress, hold a beer can and sing about "real life" allen...has some talent but is wasting it all by being drunk far too often
AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a tramp anyway so I doubt she's worth anyone's money. In fact she's one of those artists that the world will unite to tell to bugger off. I love how she said Madonna at Glastonbury would be a bad thing. Yes, she's right but did anyone else think; Lily Allen at Glastonbury? Hahahahaha.

~ Avarice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the tramp thing is more image than reality. At least according to wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_allen She evidently had a priviledged childhood. I mean, how many people can get kicked out of 7 schools only to get kicked out of 6 more. You have to be from special stock to do that. Laughing But I like her voice especially the song "Smile." And there's others I just can't name them.

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Hammerfall Loses Bass player Reply with quote

Hammerfall has lost a true hero Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Bass player Magnus Rosén has elected to step down from HammerFall to be able to focus on his own projects. While it is surprising, it's not a total shock to us since he has seemed to be unhappy with the situation in the band and on tour for quite a while. We wish him all the best with his future endeavors and turn our attention to the future, immediate and distant.

This will change nothing for us as far as booked gigs and other planned activities are concerned. Rest assured, HammerFall will continue blazing its trail just like before. The process of selecting the right replacement both musically and personally is already set in motion, and we will announce it as soon as a decision is made."

/Joacim, Stefan, Oscar and Anders

www.hammerfall.net/main
Privates, on the double!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im loving fall out boy atm Razz
But i am becoming a big stinking emo atm with my black hair and musical taste lol

Listen to the red jumpsuit aperatus Razz they rock

and also less than Jake Razz
aalpha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: The Russians are learning greed. Reply with quote

Helen, Have you seen MP3Sugar lately? They've gone from 15¢ to 20¢ per track now. Oh well. A 13 track CD for $18.00 USD in a store is . . . a dollar thiry eight per track. That's $1.38 for any one who needs numbers. How many pounds or pences is that for you. I never understood the quids and pences and bits.

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a dollar thirty eight for those of us that use english.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

touché Razz

aalpha

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen, have you heard of A.F.I.? No female vocals or cookie monster that I've heard so far but if you like guitar and drums - Bon Appétit..... subject to revision after I listen to more stuff.

{edited by moi} nnnnnneehh, beginning to sound emo-ish. **gags, heaves**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Hobbies & Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: