Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Area 51 with Dave Duchovny

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ever heard of the game?
Yes, and I played it.
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Yeah, but I never played it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yeah, and it sucked.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never.
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Area 51 with Dave Duchovny Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Glad to be back, and I'm sorry for the huge gaps! I've been really busy lately with school and all. Now, I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this, but Dave Duchovny of the "X-Files" appeared in a game from Midway called "Area 51". Now, since I love alien conspiracies and such, I shivered at the idea of a game like this with excitement. I played the game a long time ago, and beat it a while back, but memories stay fresh in my mind. Now, the game takes you, the character that Dave Duchovny plays, a HazMat team leader, into Area 51. Events in the game are disastrous, catastrophic and astranomical. Completely out of this world.

The game was fantastic. and quite long, going as far as FP shooters go, but the storyline is deep, and any of you guys who own a PS2 or PS3 should buy it. Plus, for those of you with a PS3, you'll get a bonus...It seems Midway is making a sequel to this masterpiece.

I haven't gotten any word on Dave Duchovny being in this game, but they apparently are creating a movie based on the first, and if they don't put him in there, I'm going to go insane.

And for you skeptics out there, the Illuminati have a part in the scheme as well, and don't get me wrong, I thought that was going to ruin the game, but it made it even better.

Of course, you can't have a game from Area 51 without aliens. The Grays are the main race of aliens of this game, and they are brutal midgets.

All in all, the game was a masterpiece. Playable over and over again. There are plenty of things to do in the game, and I'm sure it's nearly impossible to find all the portfolios, which mind you hold all sorts of secret information that actually makes you believe! in one shot. There are five portfolios holding TOP SECRET INFORMATION per level, and that's more than enough to bombard your brain with amazedness.

I thought this'd make a good topic to bring up on my comeback, so feel free to ask questions and discuss the topic; that's why I'm here!

Last edited by grimreaper on Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic! I'd love to play it! Is it available on PC or the Xbox?

grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, it is available on the Xbox, PC, and PS2. Sorry I failed to mention that fact. You'll know the cover in an instant.

I'd just like to take a minute on how awesomely made one level was. You enter an elevator from a seperate level, and the gate closes. Then you hear an announcer. As the elevator's going up, you hear that music from 2001: A Space Odessey, and the screen goes white. Then the elevator stops, and you're on the moon. An astronaut stands in front of you. And suddenly...He topples over. A giant piece of cardboard Very Happy

That entire level was the stage that they filmed the moon landing on. All the dunes that look real, are not, just walk behind them and you'll see support beams holding them up, as well as machinery behind certain places. There's the ship as well, and even that was made better than the astronaut (by the government, not the game's crew), and you start off next to the cameras. Then enemies start swarming the place. The game is filled to the brim with such things.
whufc88
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv played the game but i didnt know that dd was the lead character. i thought that what i played of the game was fantastic, just that i prefer sports and fighting games to shooters

p.s. area 51 has been out for about a year or 2 now
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this it?

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Midway-Games-Ltd-Area-Xbox/dp/B0007OVKJ4/sr=1-3/qid=1169985349/ref=sr_1_3/203-4049393-8469539?ie=UTF8&s=videogames"]Amazon Link[/url]

Can someone help me with the link please?

grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's it Helen. One of the best games I've ever played.
whufc88
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spot on. the aiming sytems tough but its a cracker of a game
grimreaper
King of Video Games

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I like the aiming system. I'm an inverted y-axis person myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Aliens & Conspiracies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: