Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Best Decade for Music?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which was the best decade for music?
2000s+
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
90's
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
80's
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
70's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
60's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
50's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Before this time / other
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bean824 wrote:
I had to vote 2000+ as all of the music that I like, and the genre's, were all formed in that period Razz

Edit: I light of Av's... delightful post, i've decided to retract my claim that all the music, and genre's, that I like were formed in the 2000's. It turns out that I was mistaken. Happy now Av??? (Note the official tone used; according to Av's effort in his post, it is a matter that should be addressed in the correct manner).

If you look at it that way Av & Bean, all music is based on what comes before it. In that sense, there is nothing really original (apart from really weird stuff. When I was on holiday in France a few years ago, some Belgain lads introduced to their music - it was people doing animal noises down the microphone!!!)
Anyway, at the moment, I'm really into a genre called BnB or Beauty and the Beast.
I cannot find a description but it's basically goth metal with two singers - one female (usually an opera-style singer) and one male singer, known as a cookie monster who growls & grunts. It's an interesting mixture.
Some links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G0bvGVz8lk&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVLz_dkAbz4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xLpcyGPxKI&mode=related&search=

This movement offically started in 1998 but it's roots are based in goth metal with started in the 1980s. In turn, goth metal is a branch of your bog-standard metal, which in turn is similar to rock music.

AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it started with goth metal. After subgenres, the differences are subtle.

For example, the difference between metal and rock is massive, so they count. The difference between alternative metal and goth metal is not massive, but goth metal and alt metal are still different when you listen in.

However, there's forms of alternative metal, and then there's forms of forms of alternative metal. IMO those are just ways for bands to give their take of an alt metal sound a unique name.

~ AVARiCE
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 20 years time, you will be wondering how the youth of the time can possibly think 'their' music is an improvement on the music of today, and I'll still be listening to the same stuff I listen to now, probably beamed directly to the auditory processing part of my brain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: