Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Youtube!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video is all black, so my searches are hampered somewhat. This is a shame Sad
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Exclamation Question The music is what I'm after, there's no music credits in the ad.

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I started looking by googling... however when I start looking at the advert I don't know if i'm looking at the correct advert or not, this kinda limits the speed at which I can search...
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you making me be so mean?? If you look at an ad and it doesn't sound like my black spot it isn't the right ad. OK OK. Now that that's out of the way, the ad is one *I* posted because I couldn't find it on youtube already in high quality and all that. So chances are unless some Mercedes-phile has posted it in the last 24-36 hours it isn't on the net yet. I turned on the VCR and let it record for 8 hours then sat and watched it fast forward until I saw it fly by. Then I turned on my digital camera in video mode and "filmed" it. Strictly for the audio.

I recently found a Ford Flex ad with a whole production biography of who did it, why they were famous blah, blah, blah, AND who does the singing in the ad. She is Santogold, the music is from a CD of the same name and the track is Les Artistes. They speed it up for the ad.

How do you search for sounds, anyway?!?!?!? Confused

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

why are you making me be so mean?? If you look at an ad and it doesn't sound like my black spot it isn't the right ad. OK OK.

You are seriously telling me that the advert doesn't have any depiction of a sweeping road (usually a countryside road) a Merc swings into view which sweeps past majestically, the camera zooms in through the front windscreen and zooms in close to the finely chiselled looks of some man who has the necessary few days stubble growth to show up on camera.

The camera continues to zoom in and gives you a close up of his eye before flying into his pupil (suggesting you are now seeing his thoughts), everything goes dark for a second, before coming to light again on some jet pilot performing all sorts of fancy dogfighting aerial manoeuvres complete with radio comms going, as the pilot performs the aerobatics giving close ups on the stick and throttles the video flashes back and forth to the movements being mirrored in the car's steering wheel and gearstick. This way the plane banks sharply, that way the car turns as if turning on a dime, back the plane turns, and the car changes direction (complete with a shot from the passenger side door of the front wheel turning throwing up some some small gravel from the kerbside)

When the car arrives at a stately home and pulls serenely through the gates and glides to the stone steps that lead to the front door the plane is seen touching down, before the camera zooms out and it turns out that the airbase it touched down in is near to the stately home and as the pilot steps out and takes off their helmet, long blonde hair flows down like off a Timotei advert before showing the face of a woman. She walks over to the stately home and enters before catching the eye of the driver of the Merc. The camera once again zooms into the woman's exquisite emerald green eye augmented by the dark green of her flight suit, the camera zooms in closer, the screen goes black one more, and it shows the man and woman embracing and kissing as a hello gesture... the screen goes black a final time before some bloody marketing shitty slogan appears along the bottom, spoken by some baritone male voice

Mercedes... Drive your first passion...

Or something...

None of that? - it was just black? - how the bloody bollocks am I supposed to know what you're advertising then? - as far as I know, a black screen and sound means that the signal might of gone or something so i'm going to try other channels to see if it's my telly or just the channel Rolling Eyes
aalpha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the Merc is surrounded by ghosts of past designs all put together to yield the 2009 E Class. All of which has zero to do with learning who does the music in the ad. Just say you don't know, you never heard it and you don't have a clue how to find out. All the rest is immaterial.
Thank you.

aalpha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK watch this and see if you can spot Mr. Famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4ZZJPK8Ds

It still doesn't have anything to do with who does the music. . . . . Rolling Eyes

Here's a treat. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W910d9wpDZg

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Actually the Merc is surrounded by ghosts of past designs all put together to yield the 2009 E Class. All of which has zero to do with learning who does the music in the ad. Just say you don't know, you never heard it and you don't have a clue how to find out. All the rest is immaterial.
Thank you.

Forgot about this...

No the reason why is so that when I end up watching the correct ad, I will know that i'm watching the correct ad, and by that yardstick, know I am hearing the right music.

Rather than see an advert which is incorrect and believe I was watching the one to which you refer (when I wasn't) this is so I can be correct first time.

Think of it as a checksum Smile

I'm sure you understand what it is you think I said originally, but i'm not sure you realise that what I said was not what I meant? I intended to make it clear that what I mean to say cannot be misunderstood, and that any misunderstanding is the fault of your own believing that your interpretation of what you thought I said is infallible.

And stuff Wink
aalpha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*listen* to my black spot and you can't go wrong. Wink

aalpha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone replied to my YouTube post and appears to have solved my mystery. Those of you who have music accounts first one place then another go and check out "Small Town Boy" by Bronski Beat. Under their name there's about 4 versions, 3, 5, 6, and 9 minutes each plus Wiki lists about 9 cover versions. All that plus the fact marketeers take liberties with music by slowing it down, speeding it up, reverb, chop up, loop, splice etc., etc. it sounds like the person who named Small Town Boy got it right. yyaaaaaayyyyyyy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@Minty - A bit late obviously but now I can ask for your opinion as to whether sks939 ID'd the right song. Here's the commercial which I never could get my hands on. Another Tuber posted the url in my replies for my post. Here's yer good quality video and sound track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMPamlGAiE8

<

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's up for some funny stuff?

Jeff Dunham Spark Of Insanity - Walter There's about an hour of stuff also by Jeff Dunham, all very clever, offensive and hilarious.

Also Simon's Cat There's only three of these videos but all are priceless.

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit Music

I can just imagine him spending hours making these only for him to have to do it again in a few days when they've rotted!

aalpha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are neato!!! to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQgAR_J1PI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIFXIXQQ_E

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat "chatters" too at birds & animals she can see but cannot catch. I always imagined that she's saying something like "you bastard. When I'm next out side, I'll get you. Just you wait and see!"

aalpha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is priceless. Absolutely priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2md4uGmMU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: