Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Favourite Kinda Wine

View previous topic :: View next topic  

I Prefer:
White
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Red
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pink
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Eeew Phlorgggh I don't like wine!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sweet
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Dry (not sweet)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Favourite Kinda Wine Reply with quote

I like rose, it's sweet and drinkable (and usually cheaper). I can drink red & white but only if someone else is paying and I wanna get drunk.

For really clever people, what your favourite type/brand?

{edited by aalpha} I added a couple of choices. Pwease don't fire me.

AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win.

I'd vote fortified but *somebody* forgot to add an 'other'.

~ AVARiCE
Forum Ace & Best Noob 2007

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both red and white wine but they have to be cold for me. Apparently wine is supposed to be drunk at room temp but I hate that, it has to be cold for me.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
Eleanor Roosevelt
BubbleCum
Forum Queen 2007

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White. I don't like red. I'm rather picky when it comes to alcohol, I like sweet wines and stuff like that...
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about sparkling wine? But anyways I prefer white and dry, not sweet.
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer white to red - red messes up my head more/gets me drunk faster (plus more likely to give hangovers). I do quite like rose but not as much as a good white.

I can't believe I am about to say this but I agree with Avarice - fortified wines are brilliant - I am partial to a good bit of port or sherry. Tell you what is good - making sangria but with port instead of red wine...mmm

Skorpz
Forum Ace & Best Noob 2007

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malt wine is quite nice as well. You heat it up and then drink it. It's not too bad.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
Eleanor Roosevelt
AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rach wrote:
I can't believe I am about to say this but I agree with Avarice - fortified wines are brilliant - I am partial to a good bit of port or sherry. Tell you what is good - making sangria but with port instead of red wine...mmm

Ha bleeding ha - has this joke not aged in the slightest? Everyone says it every fucking time and I end up posting this every fucking time!

~ AVARiCE
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say any sweet wine, peach is amber, blackberry - dark, grape - red or dark. Scuppernong grape is light color. The main thing is sweet. In store wines zinfidel or port if I can put ginger ale in it, the port I mean. And a large ice cube in each glass even when it is kept in the refrigerator.

tafkao
Forum Overlord

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fave white is flinty dry white. Tastes kind of smoky but they call it flinty. Can you imagine smoked white wine? Bloody magic.
Red - ball-tearing tannin sounds good. Fruitiness is a turn-off in any wine for me.

I can handle most spirits. I can't drink straight gin, but G&T is nice, as are most other spirits. Normal brandy tastes like soap to me, but pot still is ok, cognac is lovely and armagnac is smoky-divine, but about $100 for the cheapest bottle, so I don't get no satisfaction there, it's $25 pot still until I win a lottery or write a book.

I like port and other fortifieds but, I'm limited to drinkable but pedestrian port for now.

You must drink at least one glass of Green Chartruese before you die, but stopping at one will ensure you don't die as young. I once had a champagne cocktail made with Green Chartreuse. Tasted like crap with brut chanpagne, but it cured my hangover in 20 minutes.

I had a Grange Hermitage once or twice (thanks Dad). Notice that page had no prices visible? Here's why.

When I was responsible for buying lab equipment, I developed "Taf's Law" that the length of time it took to reveal the actual price was directly proportional to the excessiveness of the price. So if it took more than five minutes to say what it would cost it was no sale, see you round buddy. Saved time and money after I had wasted a few hours as a newbie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: