Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Rebel!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Rebel! Reply with quote

When you were younger (or now even!) did you ever rebel against your parents/authority/society? If so, what did you do?

I don't think I ever did against authority. I sorta rebelled as I refused to start smoking when everyone else in my class started. Does rebelling against your own peers count!?

aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if young men don't wear suites and ties at 15 or young women aren't learning how to cook that probably constituted "rebelling" once upon a time. Bushy long unkempt hair was once a sign of being a rebel but now there's not an age group that isn't full of those.

Your question made me wonder what kind of rebel is it that never overthrows anything and whose signature trait of individualism is looking like everyone else?

Last edited by aalpha on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have been a true non-conformist. Not the conformist non-conformist idiots you see (the ones who all fight for the same thing because they're same...) but a "proper" non-conformist.

I don't see the fun in living life on someone else's terms and I often get into rows and arguments because I want to do things my way, or rather, the "proper way".

Hell, I even do it on here.

~ AVARiCE
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Your question made me wonder what kind of rebel is it that never overthrows anything and whose signature trait of individualism is looking like everyone else?

Brilliant Smile

Rebel without a cause eh?

No, I don't believe I did. I always used to think that people in positions of 'power' got there by their wisdom and that if they said so, then it must be true and that anything they said would over rule what I thought.

It took me a long time realise that's completely the wrong way around.

But no, I never used to rebel against anything really, I was just happy doing my own thing ( namely taking things apart to see how they worked )

My brother however, was totally different as he is the complete opposite of me.

If I ever came home from school with any 'bad' letters, all hell let loose in the household.
When my brother came home with them... no let me rephrase that, when my brother came home anyway, he was asked how many bad letters did he have, he would reply 3 ( or whatever number ) and that was apparently funny. Always got my backup that did, I asked many years later why that was, as I hardly ever came home with any bad notes, I had it pointed out to me that I was the academic one, and my brother was never going to be, so they felt somewhat ashamed.

I too rebelled against my friends. At school you were never allowed off site unless you had made previous arrangements with the school. Of course everyone ignored that... everyone that is, but me. A load of school friends got upset that I stuck to the rules, or do anything else 'fun'.
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Lol, good point. I guess that everything has been done once so it's pretty impossible to be unique!

But I too have never been one to follow fashions or do/like anything just because the majority do it. If you don't like it, then what's the point?

Krymmsun
Regular Contributer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never rebelled. I'm just naturally my own person. And it just so happens to be one that's not accepted by society and doesn't agree with most authority figures. And my family, much like the rest of the world, can just get out of my face if the life I live is that bad to them. Plain and simple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a rebel to me. But that's OK I like rebels. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Customs & Culture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: