Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Here's the Milley Differentiated Homework Plan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Here's the Milley Differentiated Homework Plan Reply with quote

Most parents (and possibly many teachers) would cringe if schools adopted this plan on a large scale. Why?

see this http://media.stophomework.com/Milleyoptout.pdf

Because it requires Parent/Teacher involvement on the scale and order they *should* be involved in the first place. Combine the requirements of this plan with homework and you've got yourself a school full of achievers and excellent students

The so-called growing evidence that homework may hinder children's learning is not due to the homework nor the child. Children love to learn and achieve and basically show off what they can do.

It's the lethargic lazy asses in charge of the homes and the classrooms who are crumbling the dike.

I don't have children of my own but I've been surrounded by close relatives who have kids up to and including participating in somewhat private or at least not open to the public interactions withe their kids.

And 2 acquaintances I know who have been care givers (as in day care) one for 30 years and the other at least 25. These two people have partially raised and prepared over 75 children for school and living in a community.

I can assure you homework is not the culprit. It's lazy ass parents and teachers who are bogged down with so many administrative duties they don't have time to teach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Customs & Culture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: