Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Your home, your castle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Your home, your castle Reply with quote

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/is-it-ethical-to-burgle-a-house-if-it-belongs-to-ben-fogle?-200912172318/

So, if you were to rob Ben Fogle's home, what do you believe he should be allowed to do to you to defend himself? - after all, you shouldn't be there in the first place, and chances are you're not round his house for tea and crumpets.

I would say, use any means necessary to make sure they never do it again, thereby reducing the amount of work our overstretched police force gets as they are far too busy harassing law abiding motorists who might of just slipped up and made a mistake like we all do once in a while.

Gaining entry to a house that isn't yours, is a mistake on a much grander scale I'd say.
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I always say, if someone does enter your home without your permission and they get away to tell everyone that you beat them with a metal pole, then it's your own fault you get caught! For goodness sake, don't let the buggers escape, hide the bodies and no-one will be the wiser! It's not as if the burglars will tell anyone that they are going to rob next door so you're in the clear.

Simples.

aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Ben, what'd he do to piss off most of England? He should have been carrying a stun gun when they stuffed worms up his nose.

Then he could kick the crap out of the faces of the people who thought that would be funny. ha ha ha

As for breaking in my house, if it's late, dark, and I don't like the sounds of what I'm hearing or seeing - like rope and duct tape or plans to "do who ever is here", you're dead.

I like Helen's idea of dumping the body(ies), who's going to call to see if I've seen their burglar hubby, son, brother to which I'd say "Nope."

Yeah, yeah, that's kinda difficult and could make a righteous kill wrong. You know, "if you were justified why hide the bodies?" kind of thing. Because they would stink if I didn't? Works for me. Razz

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Poor Ben, what'd he do to piss off most of England? He should have been carrying a stun gun when they stuffed worms up his nose.

He hasn't, as far as I know, done anything to upset most of England ( apart from speaking like he's really posh ) anyway...

It's the Mash's take on this story.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6844727/Right-to-defend-yourself-Ireland-has-changed-law-so-why-cant-Britain.html

I figured that perhaps if I started with a satirical look at this story, I may ( or may not ) get an more interesting viewpoint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Current Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: