Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Theory about Climate Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Theory about Climate Change Reply with quote

This is not my theory, so I can't hold my hand up and claim the credit for it. I have been asked to put it on the forum to see what others think of it.

Imagine a golf ball flying through the air - it has a set path. Now imagine the golf ball has a bit of mud on the side of it - this changes it's trajectory of its path.

Compare this to the earth. If we build large cities (putting more weight on one area) can this also change the earths path or axis?

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your golf ball was flying through the air, its path is relative to the earth ( I assume that it's not flying in space or anything )

Then it depends on the amount of mud relative to the golf ball but ultimately the over riding force on it will be that of the Earth's gravity that will have the biggest effect on the golf ball's trajectory not the mud.

Ie, unless you have a big massive blob of mud on the golf ball, the trajectory won't be affected that much.

Now, in relation to the Earth, the Earth orbits around the Sun due to the gravitational pull of that.

Now the size of the Sun dwarfs the Earth a lot of times over - see here

http://www.rense.com/general72/size.htm

As the Earth orbits the Sun I doubt you could build anything on the Earth to do anything to affect its path and anything you did do would have at best an infinitesimal effect.

Besides, what are you going to build these cities out of ? - where did you get the matter in the first place? - from the Earth? - but it's already there!

I don't see how this is related to global warming but I remember a documentary I was watching years ago which stated that every now and again, the Earth's North Pole wobbled and pointed a few degrees elsewhere and it's this that caused our last ice age.

Besides, i'm sure if we were making a serious impact on the Earth then astronomers would of noticed and would of made the right calls to the right people.

As by the sounds of things this is a theory coming from your dad\paul\someone in the office it perhaps doesn't have any scientific background rather it's a thought that came to them rather than something that they read in a respected scientific or astronomy journal.

I haven't done physics for ages, so I may be wrong - I can ask people who will know the answer of course.
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said.

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments - I'll pass them onto the person who thought it up

minty wrote:
As by the sounds of things this is a theory coming from your dad\paul\someone in the office it perhaps doesn't have any scientific background rather it's a thought that came to them rather than something that they read in a respected scientific or astronomy journal.

Close it's a friend's dad (who is 82)

Out of interest, my dad is analytical chemist by trade:)

My thoughts are that it would have to be something very major to effect the earth's tilt or path. Using the golf ball example, I imagine even the largest cities or buildings will only be like a sec of dust on the golf ball - which probably wont make a difference.

aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Ross Perot was running for president. His critics accused him of having an over simplified approach to many gigantic problems.

So it made perfect comedic sense to depict Perot as advocating putting all jet aircraft in the world in the Sahara Desert facing west and rev all the engines full throttle and bring the rotation of the earf to a stop.

I can't remember what the comedian was addressing but his caricature of Perot was perfect.

I wonder if your Dad's friend is remembering a dream about a comedian making fun of Perot or sumin. Anyway why don't you or your Dad suggest putting enough jets somewhere to counter any unevenness or wobbling and see what he thinks about that. Laughing Razz

wnight1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

Hi
Check out the web site address below and then draw your own conclusion: Shocked Idea

http://www.divulgence.net/index.html

The earth spins at just over a Thousand miles per hour. With a liquid core.
The liquid core would keep the balance of earth in perfect rotation. The liquid core would be moving faster then the ground making the earth a big Gyroscope . The top layer or crust of the Earth would be left to the mercy of mother nature to fix any abormalities. We all see this everyday.
Have a good nights sleep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Aliens & Conspiracies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: