Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Jasper has been spotted!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Jasper has been spotted!!! Reply with quote

For those who don't know I finally had to find Jasper a new home back in January. He was running Roswell further and further away.

By the way these cats are in the pix in my sig.

Anyway the friend I gave Jasper to 1, didn't bond with him well enough nor 2, keep him in his cages long enough so he vamoosed.

Well a couple of weeks ago I began searching the woods around Bond Lake which is well within walking distance of my friend's house.

I also talked to some folks whose property borders the wooded area and left a pic of Jasper and my phone number with one individual who could be called a "cat lady."

Yesterday she called me to tell me she saw Jasper hanging out in the yard (garden) across the street. I have to believe she would be careful enough to get a good look and with the pic she has not make a frivolous call.

I haven't spoken with her except on answering machines but I'm going to see if I can recruit her into the cat trapping business at least temporarily.

Everybody thinks I'm nuts looking for Jasper after this long. But I know there is way too much food in this area for him to go elsewhere. Boo-hiss on them.

Paste this into Google Earth or Google maps

35 46 22.76 N 78 49 44.43W

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! great news! It's good to know he is safe and well. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for worrying about cats. I still wonder about what happened to Smokey. She disappeared one night 8 years ago and we haven't heard from her since:(

Not nuts, just very loving and caring.

I'm really jealous of where you live - it looks pretty and very leafy.

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:
Yay! great news! It's good to know he is safe and well. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for worrying about cats. I still wonder about what happened to Smokey. She disappeared one night 8 years ago and we haven't heard from her since:(

We are always worrying about our cats...because we live in the countryside there are a lot of foxes about, our cats are stupid enough to piss them off...we have a couple of times had our cats come running through the catflap with a fox behind them that has smashed into the door...Gizmo was nowhere to be seen the other day & she hadn't been in all day for food or anything...usually she comes running to you when you call her but took her about 20 - 25 mins to come to our call.

So there is nothing wrong with worrying about your cats Smile
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:

Thanks Helen and Alienator. It just so happens the people who think I'm nuts don't exactly dislike cats but they wouldn't go out of their way to help them. mmmm well if it meant help or abandon they'd help but only in extreme circumstances.

The main thing I'm replying to is Helen's comment about how leafy my area is. One of my shipmates in the Navy thought I might be a bit nuts because I was homesick for trees.

We were calling the San Francisco Bay Area home at the time which has no trees. If you start driving north in Oakland on San Pablo Blvd. and go to San Pablo you will drive through 4 or 5 municipalities and never know you left one and entered the other.

Literally, crossing a street takes you to the next town.

Then one day bye and bye he had the occasion to come to Raleigh
and actually drove around the area. When he found major highways and smaller roads and streets cut through hardwood rain forests he finally realized how someone can be homesick for trees.

I love my trees. Laughing Wink

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jasper has been spotted!!! Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:

Everybody thinks I'm nuts looking for Jasper after this long.

We don't think aalpha, we know Wink
aalpha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah yeah yeah - whuteva. . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: