Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
pics of the warwgn in action

View previous topic :: View next topic  
warwgn
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: pics of the warwgn in action Reply with quote

so right after work met with my buddies to ride the quads (Raptor 686) which I just paid off! And yes you guessed it the engine blew up, kinda knew it was coming but still sucks. unloaded off the trailer and made two short runs up the hill and on the second it seized up or locked up and broke a rod?? at least we were still right by the trucks so not too big a deal.

Anyway since I was down I told them to just go ride and I decided to get a few action shots of the Blazer, now remember it has 3.08 gears and I cant use the 4x4 since the front gears are 3.73 so dont expext too much action!!

told nothing special but was fun anyway, got a lot of tire spinning in the soft sand so couldnt climb anything good.

just had to mess around a little since it will soon be not running and just a donor for Subzilla.

http://wideopenracing.easyphpbb.com/index.php
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame to hear about the Raptor, especially after having just paid it of. I did have a theory that most things are designed around averages of time taken to pay things off.

You get a few years before everything start going wrong and you need to start the cycle again. It's how the motor industry survives, instead of being designed to last it's designed to last the average amount of time things are paid off.
After that, it's either spare parts time or cornflakes boxes and pieces of string.

If you've thrown a rod, lets hope it's not damaged the crankcase, scored the cylinder bores or whatever.

After it's become a donor for Subzilla ( which will be good to see it in action ) will the warwgn ride again? or is it going for scrap what's left of it?
warwgn
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so left work early today and pulled the engine out the quad, found out what happened.

engine pulled, only took about 30 min to get it out!

sitting on the bench at my buddies house

After pulling the valve cove found a broken rocker ar and knew what was comin next! got the head off and the piston was turned about a 1/4 turn in the jug and both exhaust valve had kissed the piston. As you can see here the wrist pin broke out of the bottom of the piston.

which in turn did this!

I think that it all started with a failure of the piston, finally just gave up after all the timesit's run out of oil and broken oil pump, and riding it like I stole it. It was a 12.5:1 comperssion piston 102mm and it seems the rings had been done in and tried to seize the piston but it broke instead.

So after getting the Suburban running I will get a new crank assembly and bearings for the bottom end, then jump to a 105mm piston and some port and polishing of the head and new valves with a bigger cam and this thing will be stupid fast again!!!

warwgn
King Speedy Gramps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:

After it's become a donor for Subzilla ( which will be good to see it in action ) will the warwgn ride again? or is it going for scrap what's left of it?

at this point I am not real sure, I might go crazy on it make a serious rock crawler out of it?? You just never know what I'll do, ha ha but neither do I.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Pictures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: