Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
How to Survive a Zombie Apocolypse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: How to Survive a Zombie Apocolypse Reply with quote

Strangely, I have put a lot of thought into this topic. I perhaps need to get out more.

Should the zombie apocolypse hit, where will you be, where will you go, what will be your first weapon and who as a zombie will you want to kill first?

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Survive a Zombie Apocolypse Reply with quote

area51newmexico wrote:

Strangely, I have put a lot of thought into this topic. I perhaps need to get out more.

Getting out more would only make you more vunerable. There's nothing wrong in planning for worst case scenarios! - there have been various articles and comments raised through the past about people not being prepared enough should a disaster take place ( i'm not just talking about zombie apocalypses but other widespread disasters that may befall us)

http://baens-universe.com/articles/when_sysadmins_ruled_the_earth

( It's a short story, not a news link to said reports etc btw )

For example, if there was a widespread highly contagious bioweapon launched, and it wiped out most of London how would the survivors know what to do afterwards?
If anything contact may be tried to be broadcast over the radio waves but if the electric grid was shut down, do you have a small portable battery operated transistor radio 'just in case' ?

It's also a sign of a geek mentality to plan for various outcomes, things that other people never considered, so nothing wrong in planning for various outcomes, even if they never happen at least you had a plan beforehand rather than making it up as you went along. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. And if some random catastrophe went off you'd perhaps not want poor performance as any mistake you make would only be magnified.

As for the thread, I have this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/071563318X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1290543042&sr=8-1

The Zombie Survival Guide, can't for the life of me remember a word of it though.

Hmmm, depends where I was when the apocalypse hit, though i'd try and wall up where I was and watch it all unfold from there. Have you seen Dawn Of The Dead where they are all in that shopping mall, and that security guard is quite happy being sat in the control room watching it all unfold on the CCTV?

that'd be me.

Should the zombie apocolypse hit, where will you be, where will you go, what will be your first weapon and who as a zombie will you want to kill first?
AVARiCE
Lowering the Tone Since 2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty, you are aware that Zombies attack quickly and mercilessly, right?

Innocent Person: OMG ZOMBIES HOW ARE WE GOING TO ESCAPE?!

Minty: Well, here's my plan. According to my derived theory of relatively, our best token is-- is that a Zombie? I wasn't even finished yet!

-> Dead.

I have two plans, based on circumstance.

If humans stand a chance against these zombies, I'm going to stay in the middle of large crowds of people.

If these zombies are just mowing their way through humanity, I'm going to run as fast as I freakin' can to a remote hideout within a city.

~ AVARiCE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: