Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Time Capsule

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Time Capsule Reply with quote

When I was decorating my house, I removed the wallpaper from our new bedroom and found the message 'Sandra was here 4/6/81 practising her wallpapering'. I thought that was pretty amazing - it's been there for 30 years. I of course added my own time capsule next toit for future generations to find:)

Have you ever found or made your own time capsule?

alienator
Oh Perfect One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome. I have never found or made my own time capsule.
aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I saw a story in the news where a couple bought a house and while moving in they found the previous owner's stash.

Right now I can't recall if it was $45,000.00 or $145,000.00 in grocery bags (paper).

The guy had died and his family didn't know about his loot. The couple bought the house as part of the estate sale, so they prob got a great deal anyway.

Of course the reason it made the news is they contacted his family and gave it to them.

I'll admit I'm wrong up front, but don't expect me to say a word if I find such amounts of money. If you're of the sort to loose or misplace it, I'm of the sort to keep it.

While I'm at, another glittering jewel of more dollars than cents (sense) is the guy who left $36,000.00 in a plastic bag in his cart at Wal-Mart.

Somebody found it in the parking lot where the empty carts are put in the coral thingy.

These finders kept some of the money, not sure how much, and returned the rest.

OH! OH! OH! And before all that, some guy goes into a Kentucky Fried Chicken place, orders his stuff and the clerk hands him the bag with the night deposit in it. $25,000.00 in cash.

He said he didn't know it till he got home. A lie!! If you put a bag of food from KFC in your car the aroma almost compels you to pull over and eat before you get home.

I'd prob return this one as they no doubt had him on surveillance cameras. I expect he needed time to think. . .

Indulge me one more, this one is mine. A week or two ago I closed my savings account and put it in my checking account.

I went in the local office to do this and one of the office geeks waited on me to give the tellers a break blah, blah, blah.

He takes my driver's license to a PC station and types in some stuff, writes down a number then comes back to me and asks "is this your savings, balance?

Without hesitating I said "yes sir, you got it."

As if the building was on fire he turned to go transfer the money to my checking account.

I had be quick and stop him because he was about to put someone else's $160,000.00 dollars in my check book.

I didn't do it you didn't see me nobody can prove anything!!!! Twisted Evil

I use my first initial, middle and last name on my bank stuff. Some how when he put that info in wrong it turned up another customer with enough of my name I almost had a whopping bang of a 4th of July

I just know the tellers are still giving him hell for that.

There is no doubt in my mind he would have been fired and I would have gone to jail - but it's fun to imagine going to the other local office and withdrawing most or all that money. Twisted Evil Razz Wink Shocked Idea Idea Idea

But no, I've never left a time capsule. Unless one of the girls I met overseas in the Navy - oh never mind. . . . Embarassed Embarassed

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aalpha wrote:
I'll admit I'm wrong up front, but don't expect me to say a word if I find such amounts of money. If you're of the sort to loose or misplace it, I'm of the sort to keep it.

Ditto me too Laughing

I've just checked the loft (attic) of my new house, no millions from the old lady who used to live there:( Just an old water tank and lots of insulation.

aalpha wrote:
I had be quick and stop him because he was about to put someone else's $160,000.00 dollars in my check book.

Wow! That would be awesome!

aalpha wrote:
But no, I've never left a time capsule. Unless one of the girls I met overseas in the Navy - oh never mind. . . .

Kinky Smile You could have a tribe of mini-aalphas and not even know Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: