Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
Osama Bin Laden

View previous topic :: View next topic  
area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Osama Bin Laden Reply with quote

On Monday I woke with the news that Osama Bin Laden is dead! Woot (if true).

I do love a good conspiracy theory. Do you reckon he is really dead? After all, he was very quickly buried at sea to honour his 'religious rights' (*coughs*) and they wont publish photos of his body?

What do you events do you reckon will unfold in the weeks to come?

aalpha
Nicest Guy In The Universe/Site Admin

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the pix just to see his mangled skull. As for "proof" yes Virginia, cameras can lie. Well the editing software can lie which trumps the camera's testimony.

Seeeeeee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Tfu27Bz2w

Therefore unbelievers will always not believe. . . .

What I'd love to see is the video the SEAL team made via helmet and rifle scope feeds where binnie sees the SEALS and knows "this is it; I'm toast." And then his head explodes.

Have you noticed you can't find blood on the walls but it's all over the floor? I think they won't release pix because he was laying on the floor trying to surrender.

The probability Embarassed is SEAL Team 6 doesn't carry handcuffs. hahahahaha Just a little American Superiority joke there. Laughing Laughing

Last edited by aalpha on Wed May 11, 2011 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is a country that was sooooooo up in arms about Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' which resulted in the entire country suing itself for a few days due to the 'distress' that everyone felt, now baying for a picture of someone who has been shot dead?

Anyway, Bruce Schneier had an article on this topic

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2011/05/extreme_authent.html

There was a cartoon in The Sun Newspaper that summed up my thoughts perfectly. It had a picture Of Obama wielding a sword and shield in armour, cutting off the head of a hydra / Osama hybrid.
When someone dies whether that be in government or in charge of large criminal organisation someone steps forward to take their place. Otherwise, how have we progressed since time began?
Osama's death is merely symbolic a form of 'counter terrorism'. With terrorism, you try to manipulate people to do things your way through fear.
It's a bit like bullying really, this is merely the same thing with the fightback.
aalpha

Location: Where ever you need me I'll be there. Whatever you need done I'll do it. Made in the USA.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamiaceae wrote:
Why is a country that was sooooooo up in arms about Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' which resulted in the entire country suing itself for a few days due to the 'distress' that everyone felt, now baying for a picture of someone who has been shot dead?

I never understood the uproar over Jackson's escapade. I thought we all loved boobs.

I think people resented her attempt to grandstand and/or shock the public on such a grand scale.

No one else had that opportunity and she took it. I'm thinking school yard jealousy.

I'd like to see a pic of the leader of Pakistan's face when he found out what all happened.

Better yet, a video of the poor schmuck that had to tell him. Razz Razz Razz

Lamiaceae
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had a quick look for it but not found it, but Rowan Atkinson did a sketch of a messenger delivering :

1) Good news to a king
2) Bad news to a king
3) Bad news to a king but the messenger thought it was good news

I imagine it to go something like that Very Happy
Rach
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why the US government didn't want to release pictures, as it would incite hatred (well, even more hatred) from the surviving extremists. However, by not releasing them, they open the way for conspiracy theories. For example, isn't it awfully convenient for Obama that when his popularity is crashing, with people calling for his birth certificate, that he scores a massive propaganda victory?!

area51newmexico
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rach wrote:
I can see why the US government didn't want to release pictures, as it would incite hatred (well, even more hatred) from the surviving extremists. However, by not releasing them, they open the way for conspiracy theories. For example, isn't it awfully convenient for Obama that when his popularity is crashing, with people calling for his birth certificate, that he scores a massive propaganda victory?!

Indeed, many people have commented about what good timing Bin Laden's death is! Some have even said that he might have been dead for many years/months and they have chosen when to bring the 'ace out of their sleeve'.

I also think the timing is pretty good with regards to the Royal Wedding - a few days after, rather than a few days before (that wouldn't have been good! I'm surprised as it is how trouble free the wedding was - perfect opportunity for a terrorist attack)

Some people just love a good conspiracy theory *looks guilty*

Rach
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Helen - I was just thinking that about the Royal Wedding. I was so glad nobody tried to ruin their wedding day to make a political point. I have a feeling that is why Tony Blair wasn't invited - it would have attracted a lot of protesters...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Current Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: