Area 51 Area 51 Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in
League of Legends

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: League of Legends Reply with quote

Excluding Avarice, who Im guessing thinks I'm talking about a cult of people that worship him, Has anyone heard of and/or play this game?
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen adverts on wowhead.com (yes, it's still my homepage on my laptop), but not played

Any good?

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best game I've played, been on it for a couple years now and despite the fact that it is technically a free game I am glad to give them my money for some things because I fell theyve earned it.

It is based on DOTA from WCIII, much like HON and the recently released DOTA II, so its a team based RTS where two teams of five heros battle thier way through towers and spawning minions to ultimately destroy the enemy main building. It has a much easier user interface for items and upgrades than DOTA and HON, and is less punishing for new players.

The free version gives you access to 10 of the leagues current 100 champions (they are regularly adding new heros to the mix) and the 10 freebies change every week or two. You can either build up in game points playing games to buy heros you like to add to your permanent roster, or use real money to buy in game currency, that can buy heros as well as cosmetic costumes.
Goddess
Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly questions, what's DOTA and HON? *blush*

Specter
Forum Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, figured you would be alot more familiar with Warcraft III.

As far as I know DOTA started as a player made custom map in Warcraft III, it consists of two teams of five players, an alliance team and a scourge team. Each player controls one hero, and each hero has its own set of powers or abilities.

Each team has a base with a primary building (in league of legends (LOL) it is called the nexus), if this building is destroyed, that team loses. and there are three paths leading between the two bases, Each team controls half the path with defensive towers.

The object then is to fight from your base through the enemy defences to destroy thier nexus, whilst preventing them from destroying yours. As you progress you earn gold from killing and destroying things, which you use to buy items to upgrade your hero.

This is a map of the Hero of Newearth (HON) version. though they all look roughly the same.
http://ingame.ingame.de/pics/7179.jpg

I could write volumes on it, as it is currently my favourite game, but I think thats gives you a good overview.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Area 51 Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: